Refridgerator/Freezer ARB or Dometic Advice needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
Well I don't want to take the time to wire in the 12v from the battery, so I need to unplug it over night... How cold will it stay in a truck cab at night? If I get it really cold during the day then un plug it for 6 - 8 hours..

I have never left stuff in one with it unplugged. With forscan you could have one of the interior plugs hot all the time I believe. I wire direct to battery. I have had one plugged in for over 3 days before and it didn’t effect the battery.

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Truckers seem to like the Dometic above the ARB, I own the ARB 50qt and once I put it in the cab I leave it on all the time. Can cool or freeze.
I did the proper wiring and am so glad I did. Took about 3 hours with 10g wire.
I now have the dedicated ARB proper outlet in the back seat area, so worth it.

Darthyota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like my Dometic CFX-28 fits in the backseat nicely, will run off either the inverter or the 12 v outlet. How long it stays cold nit plugged in will depend on a couple things how cold it was before you unplugged/turned it off. The thermal mass of whats in the fridge and how hot it is in the cab while its off.

Ted Schroeder

Reaction score
I have a CFX 50 in my Intech Flyer Camper. Works great will even freeze your food if you ever needed it for a freezer

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
I believe Snow Master is a really good one as it has coils all the way up on all sides, at least that's what I saw on an over lander YouTube video.