Recommendations for new Brakes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
pffff... you are the only one that has a problem with alcon and after market wheels that I've seen :p
Don’t they require some trimming/modification of stock parts? I know they CLAIM that not to be the case, but I’m pretty darn sure when you look @ actual installation it starts talking bout modifying right off the bat

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Don’t they require some trimming/modification of stock parts? I know they CLAIM that not to be the case, but I’m pretty darn sure when you look @ actual installation it starts talking bout modifying right off the bat

The only trimming I remember is for the rear brake upgrade. Need to trim the brake shield to allow for the braket.

20220621_115719.jpg

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nope. You may need new front tie rods but that's it. And as far as the rear dust shields, remove them, don't trim them...

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah it’s a lot of money & braking power for a vehicle that shouldn’t be going fast enough to need that braking power lol
Meh, Raptor brakes are alot weaker than my superduty brakes. Super duty brakes are upgraded with SSBC V8 calipers on all 4 corners and stainless steel lines.
Been driving the superduty for almost a decade like that (owned 20 years).
I find driving the Raptor at the same speed on the same roads I am going into the corners a lot hotter, braking the same time as my superduty.
Brake upgrade, all of a sudden climbed the mods list fairly quick.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Meh, Raptor brakes are alot weaker than my superduty brakes. Super duty brakes are upgraded with SSBC V8 calipers on all 4 corners and stainless steel lines.
Been driving the superduty for almost a decade like that (owned 20 years).
I find driving the Raptor at the same speed on the same roads I am going into the corners a lot hotter, braking the same time as my superduty.
Brake upgrade, all of a sudden climbed the mods list fairly quick.
Go Alcons, you will not be disappointed. Promise.

AvalancheGrey2017

Reaction score
Ive been reading about this topic as well. Centric keeps popping up as good OEM replacements, any thoughts or experience?