Are there better options for pads and rotors then OEM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think I am just going with OEM as everything else looks like chinesium crap, but throwing this out for 1 last recommendation.

Rotated the tires this weekend and I am 1/16th of an inch from the wear makers touching the rotors. New pads an rotors needed within the month.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I plan on putting these on my Gen 2 in a month or two.

Had exceptional results with those on a few other lighter vehicles. However, have no experience with them on the Raptor. I have Alcons on the front now, and the Alcon rear pads were shot after about 15k plus miles. So as of Saturday trying the Z36 pads on back. No complaints yet but have not had to lock it down.

0341Marine

Reaction score
Had exceptional results with those on a few other lighter vehicles. However, have no experience with them on the Raptor. I have Alcons on the front now, and the Alcon rear pads were shot after about 15k plus miles. So as of Saturday trying the Z36 pads on back. No complaints yet but have not had to lock it down.
Man that sucks that you burned through those with only 15k miles....

Zeusmotorworks

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't complain about 57k miles. Unless you are saying stopping power is better?
yes… utter lack of stopping power. Worse brakes I’ve ever had on a vehicle. Yet I know I’m extremely demanding of brakes… so much so pretty much modded everything I’ve ever owned. either four wheels, or two.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I can't complain about 57k miles. Unless you are saying stopping power is better?
it’s gonna be hard to compare your well worn stockers to whatever you replace them with because whatever you replace them with will be way better. You could replace with OE and be like “whoa, this thing really stops way better now” and if the shop didn’t tell you they were OE replacements, you’d be none the wiser.

You’ll run out of tire traction before a brake upgrade provides practical benefit.

Happy to read up on 60-0 stopping distance changing only fully intact OE pads to alternate OE pads over several stops and see what other upgrades might provide a tangible stopping distance benefit - again, with comparative 60-0 stopping distances.

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The OE setup seems to last quite a while so I just used the same.

I highly recommend doing the exact OE partnumber not the motorcraft aftermarket part number.

Zeusmotorworks

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’ll run out of tire traction before a brake upgrade provides practical benefit.
We've even got more than one back to back video to prove otherwise. I should have videoed mine as I was +/- a couple feet of Apollo Optics vid with no rear caliper upgrade (just Alcon pads).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter