GEN 2 Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordrat

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went on line to rock auto and was going to order some front brake pads, I know they are different than the regular ones for the f-150 because it’s a raptor, but rock auto doesn’t give anything that says pads for the raptor. It says Ford police vehicles, and a couple other vehicles, but doesn’t specify the raptor in any of the scenarios, so would those be the same or not if anyone has a part number for those I would appreciate it so that I can either order them from aunt Rock auto , or just buy them at the Ford dealership because that’s the only place I can get them Auto Zone chief checkers. They all have to order them anyhow, so if I’m gonna order them they have to I’m going to you know, I appreciate anybody’s help. Thank you.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
go to ford parts dot com

put in your VIN.....get the correct part number...then go to rock auto

I just went though this and decided to go aftermarket. no way I would do pads without rotors on a truck this big

OP
OP
fordrat

fordrat

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks my truck only has 39,254. Miles on it so when I hit 40,000. I was going to change the oil and was thinking I would do the pads I haven’t been able to see the wear on them so I just thought I’d change them what do you think

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pads might look good, but until you take them off and inspect them, you wont know. heat has a funny way of deteriorating them.... or not. just depends

OP
OP
fordrat

fordrat

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay I know the rotors are good no groove’s so I’ll just go ahead and order the pads front and rear and start fresh then keep taps as normal thanks everyone for your patience and advice I appreciate it I will keep the Ford parts.com for in mind for when I get to change the rotors for the part #s thanks

OP
OP
fordrat

fordrat

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure if they even do that anymore O’Reillys used to but I’ll check it out good note thank you