Rear SCAB Door Rattle. Can't figure it out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
FP Forged

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Try something for me. Just barely close the rear door and the front door so neither of them are shut tight and go for a short ride. I had a similar sound that was caused by the rear door panel rubbing on the trim when fully closed.

That worked. What did you do to fix it?

Shoulda bought a SCREW...

Sometimes I wish I did. But then I remember a SCREW is just a regular F150 crew cab with fenders and suspension :ROFLJest: . All jokes aside I like that the SCAB is one of the only extra cab short bed trucks produced. And the SCAB just barely fits in my garage.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
That worked. What did you do to fix it?

Sometimes I wish I did. But then I remember a SCREW is just a regular F150 crew cab with fenders and suspension :ROFLJest: . All jokes aside I like that the SCAB is one of the only extra cab short bed trucks produced. And the SCAB just barely fits in my garage.

In my case, the plastic door sill wasn't snapped in all the way at the back and was rubbing on the bottom of the door panel. I figured this out by first doing what you did then I found a small wear spot where it was rubbing. See if you can find where 2 plastic panels might be rubbing together.

OP
OP
FP Forged

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't see any wear on the plastic. Tried closing the back door tight and leaving the front door not all the way closed and there is no rattle/click. So it is something involving the where the front door latches/seals to the back door. Now I just have to pin point where it's coming from and whats actually making the noise.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc