Rear SCAB Door Rattle. Can't figure it out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been battling a rattle that is possibly in my rear door on the passenger side for a while now. I've had the panel off a few times. I put foam on the plastic sheeting and female velcro on the wires and around the holes that the wires pass through to make a soft barrier. I also put athletic tape on the latches that hold the door shut (worked on my Sti's rear seat). It sounds like a light ticking noise. The rattle isn't congruent or in harmony with the bumps in the road. I made this video driving down a smooth paved road. You might need to turn the speakers up or use headphones to hear it. It was recorded with my phone.

Anybody have an idea? It seemed to start when it got hot a few weeks ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqel5LKSZj4&feature=youtu.be

mike.s

Reaction score
You could try taking the rear door panel off and drive around like that for a while and see if you still get the noise.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Try something for me. Just barely close the rear door and the front door so neither of them are shut tight and go for a short ride. I had a similar sound that was caused by the rear door panel rubbing on the trim when fully closed.