Door wiring harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I got the truck 2014 the rear speaker didn't work on the drivers side. Couple of days ago the "DOOR IS A JAR' light would not go out on the dash. Despite arguing with the truck that the door is a door and NOT a JAR...... I figured the wiring harness was broke. Here is the way I fixed it
Three wires broke
tempImagecc2UTU.png
I pulled the entire harness just to make the repair easier...... Well easier than it would be if I left it in the truck.
tempImageRUETfg.png
Striped and Soldered
tempImageWUvYeO.png
Individually shrink-wrapped
tempImageWYzYb7.png
Then electrical tape individually Then I taped the hole mess together. I chose NOT to put the stiffing wire back with all the shrink wrap and tape it didn't seam to be that flexible. We will see how that works out for me.
Now my Door is no longer a JAR and the speaker works.....

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
might have a problem in the future. however maybe never will be your problem again. the wires need to be flexible in that area so it can conform to the shape it needs when the door is open and closed. using the soldered wire in the area will make the wire bend more than normal at either end of the solder point which will reduce the lifespan of the wire compared to a continuous piece of wire. and it will mend more sharply. since you did solder the wires, i hope you didnt use my wire connection guide, as i dont want you coming back here saying my soldering techniques suck when the wire breaks again

OP
OP
Gumby

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think IMO the stiffener is the problem. Hear me out. The stiffener stoped about 2.5 inches from the connector Exactly where the wires were broke. there was 5 inches of wire to flex without the stiffener. with the stiffener in the only 2.5 inches could flex. So the wire broke there.
i hope you didnt use my wire connection guide
I don't know of your Guide. I do think I know how to solder wires. LOL. On the search looking for the Noah way.
I strip the wire about a 1/4 to 3/8 and fan the ends just a little push the too together then solder making sure not to lit the heat go to far up the wire and make it stiff. This is the way I was taught in school.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score