Passenger Door Rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hunter031789

Reaction score
For a couple of weeks now I have been hearing a faint rattle from my passenger front door. 2018 SCrew. It sounds almost like it ever so slightly isn't fully latched. I have been messing with various panels and items trying to see if I can replicate the sound when stopped but no luck. I looked to see if maybe the door body bumpers were damaged or something but it seems the passenger side doesn't have any while the drivers side does (same for both front and rear doors). The holes where they should be are there but neither passenger side door has them. Does everyone else have them on all 4 doors?PXL_20231014_211219780.jpg
Driver's door PXL_20231014_211245382.jpg
Passenger door

OP
OP
hunter031789

hunter031789

Reaction score
Update. I've adjusted both passenger door latch bars which definitely tightened up the doors against the seals. I added the two missing door body bump stops. I've strapped down and adjusted all seat belts and wedged cloth behind the rear seat to take up any slack in its latch. Still have a very slight tapping noise when going slow over mild bumps. Sounds like a hollow tap on plastic. Any thoughts??

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Try lubing the door seals. Check your sunroof if you have one and lube the seals also.

OP
OP
hunter031789

hunter031789

Reaction score
Try lubing the door seals. Check your sunroof if you have one and lube the seals also.
Thanks for the reply, I didn't see it until now. I was just getting ready to post an update and was able to narrow it down to the sunroof. I had messed with it previously but finally opened it fully and vented it fully and the noise went away!....For now... Going to have to lube the seals like one of the other threads suggested to keep it gone. Thanks everyone for the help, this forum always delivers!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter