Interior door lock question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sofloraptor

Reaction score
I've tried searching through the menu on the headunit and dash, along with the owners manual but haven't been able to figure this one out.

On my 2018, when I come to a stop, put it in park and open my door, I'm used to the other doors automatically unlocking. On mine (and maybe others?) when I have it park, open my door, only the driver door unlocks. In order to unlock the other doors I have to make sure to manually push the button to unlock them. It's annoying when I go to let my kids out and then have to walk back to unlock the doors manually.

I'm trying to get in the habit of unlocking all the doors when I get out but is there a setting somewhere I missed or is this normal?

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
I've tried searching through the menu on the headunit and dash, along with the owners manual but haven't been able to figure this one out.

On my 2018, when I come to a stop, put it in park and open my door, I'm used to the other doors automatically unlocking. On mine (and maybe others?) when I have it park, open my door, only the driver door unlocks. In order to unlock the other doors I have to make sure to manually push the button to unlock them. It's annoying when I go to let my kids out and then have to walk back to unlock the doors manually.

I'm trying to get in the habit of unlocking all the doors when I get out but is there a setting somewhere I missed or is this normal?
There's a setting, either in the dash menu or the headunit. FWIW, i leave it on cause criminals will use those doors to thieve when they all unlock at once. Plus my kids in there but that's just me.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I believe it’s the default to unlock everything when the intelligent entry is activated; so you could disconnect the battery ;-) but it is in the main driver menu.

OP
OP
S

sofloraptor

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses, guess when I looked at the manual I was looking at the correct section but now I'm wondering if it's just not working like it should. Went back out to look at the settings and it does show "auto unlock" as being selected. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 17023306601931605018936246888665.jpg
    17023306601931605018936246888665.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 7

smurfslayer

Reaction score
Your menu is different.
Mine has

Locks
Autolock
Autounlock
Remote Unlock

Under Remote Unlock, there is driver’s door or all doors.

OP
OP
S

sofloraptor

Reaction score
Interesting. This was the only option I could find. I tried switching it back and forth and when I opened the drivers door I didn't notice any difference.

smurfslayer

Reaction score
I actually prefer the way yours behaves. Maybe they changed in 2018 I will take that defective truck off your hands for you, I’ll even meet you halfway between FL & TX.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter