Raptor VS F150 frame difference?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Banned
Reaction score
So many people think the whole bent frame thing is such a serious issue, how many trucks (that were abused) had the issue?

Out of tens of thousands, I'd say it's a non issue.... But hey, I'm just a retarded 20 year old still living at home. What do I know.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am biased to Ford since they pay me to stay home... and I am Ford loyal

I believe that sums it up. My Raptor is the best gasser that I have owned but this time next year or maybe in December we will see what is out there. The MPG kills me going to the ranch in NM and back but with restrictions on the oil burners gas is the way to go for me.

Time will tell about the frame issue but it will be sooner than later.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe that sums it up. My Raptor is the best gasser that I have owned but this time next year or maybe in December we will see what is out there. The MPG kills me going to the ranch in NM and back but with restrictions on the oil burners gas is the way to go for me.

Time will tell about the frame issue but it will be sooner than later.

Well, it will be interesting to see if what you think will come true. And since it takes 200 ppl to have a class action lawsuit the time will be much later than sooner since I have only read about 10 or 20 bent frames... Figuring that on a percentage.. what there are about 35k raptors whats that less than .05% of Raptors have bent their frame from abuse... Ya, it will be a long while... ha ha ha..

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, it will be interesting to see if what you think will come true. And since it takes 200 ppl to have a class action lawsuit the time will be much later than sooner since I have only read about 10 or 20 bent frames... Figuring that on a percentage.. what there are about 35k raptors whats that less than .05% of Raptors have bent their frame from abuse... Ya, it will be a long while... ha ha ha..

There are some that were not being driven at high speed but had a load in the bed. Need to do a little more research. Hey I like the truck but sticking your head in the sand just because you drive one is really pretty sad but that is the way it is.

Time will tell and we can visit this thread again :peace:

Banned
Reaction score
Driving with a heavy load... Over bumps.... Do not do that. things break.

Heck my dads 5 ton snapped a leaf because he was loaded to capacity and wet over a speed bump a tad to fast.

Abuse. Plain and simple. It's a production truck, not a trophy truck with 1 ton payload capacity.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are some that were not being driven at high speed but had a load in the bed. Need to do a little more research. Hey I like the truck but sticking your head in the sand just because you drive one is really pretty sad but that is the way it is.

Time will tell and we can visit this thread again :peace:

Thats all talk... Show one that has bent the frame with just a load in the bed... Post it... You talking but only to hear yourself speak...

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Boss Hoss is a "glass is half empty" kind of guy. I on the other hand think the glass is half full. So I bolted on a bump stop/frame support and have not looked back.

Not sure why you continue to bitch about the frame. Get the **** over it.

Banned
Reaction score
Can't we all just get along?

"Why can't weeee be friends, why can't weeee be friends, why can't wee be friends....."

Lalala

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boss Hoss is a "glass is half empty" kind of guy. I on the other hand think the glass is half full. So I bolted on a bump stop/frame support and have not looked back.

Not sure why you continue to bitch about the frame. Get the **** over it.

I think Boss is just hoping at some point someday he will get something from Ford cause he owned a truck and he lost residual value. and my percentage was way off... Since the Raptor is a F150 with off road capabilities and the frame is the same, I should have included all the F150 trucks.

verytalonted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw the super bowl commercial for Chebby, you could always trade in (read: down) and get one of those "longest lasting tucks"....?