Raptor is garbage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeepSRT8

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adios Mang! We hardly knew thy.

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

I hope all you ******* noticed that.

Madcowranch had the intellectual response.:GetMoney:

Broken Clock is right two times a day.. or something like that

=P

IRONMAN

Reaction score
I had a 2010 and I hated the transmission with a passion!!! It acted so weird when you tried to step on it and go in drive. I had it in 3 times and it never got any better. I traded it in for the 2012 I have and its a day and night difference!!! The transmission on the 2012 act and reacts like a transmission should. For the rest of the stuff I didnt see it at all, I never had any other problem with it. The best thing... I paid 39k in 09 put 41k miles on it and traded it in for 37 2.5 years later.

OK, I have a 2010 and I agree with some of your assessments. Yes the delay in transmission downshifts used to drive me crazy but the 5Star tune has aleviated some of that problem. My driver's seat heater has burned out once -a very common problem on these Fords.

I haven't heard about the upper control arm problems.

Unless there's something wrong with your truck, all 2010's are capable of fully shutting off traction control. You have to clear any warnings first, then press and hold trac control for 10 seconds. If you change anything (ie, 2 wheel to 4 wheel drive, O/R mode button pushed) you have to repeat this process.

Hope this helps.

I have a 2010 5.4L and Love my truck BUT hate my trans.
Yes it does shift like crap and like Hockster has done I've also done by bringing it in several times to get fixed and they've basically done nothing but reset my computer.
The tune does help a bit but I still get really bad shifting especially in the summer.
I've just recently had a trans flush and that also didn't help.
As for winter I always place it in sport mode before going out in snowy conditions.
I've had times where I'd try and pull out from my court into traffic and the damn traction control kicks in and leaves me stranded while there's on coming traffic, very scary.
So now sport mode every time.

Personally it sounds like you got a lemon but I would not give up on the Raptor.
It really is an awesome truck and even with my crappy trans I still love my truck.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use my real name...Honestly though the OP does put up some good points and backs them up pretty well...agree or disagree

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
my 12 shifted like crap stock but with a tune its been great!

seat heater i have heard of failing but has always been replaced under warranty. mine has been flawless and heats up fast.

i have had no issues at all but i know of many people that offroad and put lots of miles on and not have had the same issues as u suspension wise. not saying there hasnt been problems but the majority hasnt had issues. unless u are doing so crazy hardcore offroading which no production truck is built for the raptor in oem form can handle way more than any other production truck.

sorry u hate the truck but the majority loves it and maybe u got a lemon maybe not but dont take it out on the members here. u come to FORDRAPTORFORUM and bad talk the Raptor which is the reason we are all here and expect the members not to get mad...? honestly what did u expect to happen

oh and i am not a FORD guy i came from GM. loved my GMC w/6.0 but love my Raptor more

Last edited:

Stickman89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
etaha7aj.jpg

Your problem is the first sentence. Never been offroad! Makes me sad

Molten Orange from NW Indiana

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
LOL this is classic, thanks Rama for the entertainment!

Status
Not open for further replies.