Raptor broken into- alarm never sounded

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bigger concern is that alarm never sounded. It was set. So my question is 1, why didn't alarm sound (factory)...
I wander why you factory alarm did not go off.

Reason is that when they use the screw driver method, it's as if you unlocked the door manually from inside. The truck doesn't know the difference.

How about electrically charged door handles?
@The Car Stereo Company already has this listed on his website! :ROFLJest:
Yep....

6185771ddc25f74a6390962f0ebbba0b.jpg
I'm getting a red whelen blinky light installed. lol... :crazy: cause I like everything whelen.

I also installed Jimmi Jammers on all the doors, hood, and tailgate.

Jimmi Jammer Passive Truck, Car and SUV Security

These Jimmi Jammers protect your locks from being punched with a screwdriver, like what happened to Wassy.

I recently discovered that the Jimmi Jammers DO NOT protect against the slim jim. So I just installed a protective cover around the door lock rods inside the door.

I installed the jimmi jammers as well. A fairly easy mod and well worth it in my opinion. :specialed:

Last edited:

AbnMP13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations on the fake alarm light?

2014 Terrain SuperCrew
Vortex Mud Guards ~ Husky Floor Liners ~ Rigid Dually Flushmounts ~ Rigid Dually Clear & Amber Fogs ~ Recon Smoked Mirror Lights ~ Bakflip FiberMax & BakBox ~ SVC Tune ~ Rigid 20" E2 Series - Combo ~ Mid Perch ~ Underhood & Bedlights by Noah

D

Deleted member 12951

Any recommendations on the fake alarm light?

If you are asking about the one in the picture I posted, that ain't fake, that is a real alarm light for the Ford upgraded alarm system with smart phone remote start.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
if you are asking about the one in the picture i posted, that ain't fake, that is a real alarm light for the ford upgraded alarm system with smart phone remote start.

rick - is this upgraded system covered in a thread? I tried to find. I'm interested in this upgrade....

D

Deleted member 12951

rick - is this upgraded system covered in a thread? I tried to find. I'm interested in this upgrade....

Wolf has the same thing as myself, just they installed the security light in a different location. I put the light in myself and it was rather simple to do, just pop off the plastic gauge cluster cover and right in the center next to the clip you can drill the 9/32 hole to put the light and can be see easily from the outside. It is open under that cover so the cable just drops down though a hole and plugs into the module.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f12/ford-remote-access-vehicle-security-system-33470/

Last edited by a moderator:

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wolf has the same thing as myself, just they installed the security light in a different location. I put the light in myself and it was rather simple to do, just pop off the plastic gauge cluster cover and right in the center next to the clip you can drill the 9/32 hole to put the light and can be see easily from the outside. It is open under that cover so the cable just drops down though a hole and plugs into the module.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f12/ford-remote-access-vehicle-security-system-33470/

Yep. Rick's location is definitely more visible than having the LED on the steering column cover. I added a leather cover from RCE to the gauge cluster cover, so the leather would need a hole for the LED if it had been there. I still think about adding a second LED but haven't gotten around to it.

20140731_194242.jpg

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What about taking something off the truck?

I know when I lived in Cali and had to park my CBR outside, I always removed a relay switch so it wouldn't start. One night it paid off! Anything like that we can do on our Raptor?

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They make switches for hot rods - like a master switch - that disables the starter. But I know some of the rods don't have the complicated electronics like our trucks. But I would think that a heavy switch could be used to at least disable the starter cable. What do you think @The Car Stereo Company