Raptor Acne! Factory Paint Blemish

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

awd5906

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Just wanted to see if anyone has dealt with debris/dust under their factory paint? Found a spot on my passenger rear left door. Not sure how I missed it after 3 months of ownership, guess my eyes aren’t what they used to be. Anyone deal with something like this? I was just going to bring it in to the dealer and see what they can do but my guess is a repaint of the door which is always an adventure. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_6155.jpeg
    IMG_6155.jpeg
    88.5 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_6156.jpeg
    IMG_6156.jpeg
    43.1 KB · Views: 122

JD03Cobra

Reaction score
I found a paint run in the front of my hood after 8 months of ownership. If you look hard enough you'll find more wrong.

OP
OP
awd5906

awd5906

Reaction score
Agreed, looks more like from debris while driving than a paint defect. But maybe the pictures aren't telling the full story?
Yeah I totally agree, those photos are bad. After going down a rabbit hole trying to capture this with different angles and light, I think I got it. It’s almost like a raised nub in the paint. About the size of a pencil tip.

Attachments

• IMG_6167.jpeg
    IMG_6167.jpeg
    76 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_6163.jpeg
    IMG_6163.jpeg
    45.5 KB · Views: 64

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I totally agree, those photos are bad. After going down a rabbit hole trying to capture this with different angles and light, I think I got it. It’s almost like a raised nub in the paint. About the size of a pencil tip.
Yikes, those do not look good. Hope the dealer will help you out, thanks for the new pictures!

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Take it to a good detailer and have them level it and compound and polish. I’d never take it to a dealer if your goal is to improve the imperfections. It’ll only come back worse.

dlapham

Reaction score
My 2023 delivered in July has the same issue. I am pretty sure it is solvent popping. After two 10 day stays at a third party body shop, they gave up on sanding and buffing them out. Now it is worse and the dealer said they can't fix it, and I need to take it to a dealership that has a body shop, because it needs to be repainted. I knew that the day after I took delivery and was clear if this when dropping it off. I took it to the only dealership around with a body shop, and they refuse to touch it, since Ford has already paid out for warranty repair. I called ford and left details of the issue. Supposedly someone may get back to me. Now what? I just want the flawed factory paint fixed. To make it worse there are scratches and gouges in the paint now, after multiple botched attempts to sand and buff them out..