Normal fastener paint?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

taquitos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had the truck in at a dealer to get a couple of things looked at. They mentioned it looked like body panels had been removed or at least repositioned because of the mismatched paint and outlines in the paint. To be specific they said it looked what they see if something has been repaired after a collision. It’s a year old and I definitely have not crashed it. Anyone else have something like this or is this another case of wonderful ford quality?

Attachments

• IMG_2805.jpeg
    IMG_2805.jpeg
    211 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2804.jpeg
    IMG_2804.jpeg
    151.5 KB · Views: 43

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Either Ford did it at the factory, or the original selling dealer fixed delivery damage, and they do not have to disclose it.

They look at me funny when I inspect a new vechile the way I do. "It's new, what could he possibly find?"

OP
OP
taquitos

taquitos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Either Ford did it at the factory, or the original selling dealer fixed delivery damage, and they do not have to disclose it.

They look at me funny when I inspect a new vechile the way I do. "It's new, what could he possibly find?"
Just based on how long it was at the dealer before I picked it up, I believe it’s from the factory. I guess that would say a lot about their quality if even one of their own dealers is surprised. There’s other stuff too like connectors with clips busted off and dangling. Nothing that really matters.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just based on how long it was at the dealer before I picked it up, I believe it’s from the factory. I guess that would say a lot about their quality if even one of their own dealers is surprised. There’s other stuff too like connectors with clips busted off and dangling. Nothing that really matters.
They are probably surprised because they haven’t seen that from the factory, nor have I regardless of model. It’s normal to have miscellaneous materials from assembly (rubber bands, plastic packaging, etc) but not damaged harnesses or connectors. It sounds more like it may have had transportation damage and subsequent repairs; I’m not sure what the dollar amount needs to be before it’s required to be disclosed to the buyer.

OP
OP
taquitos

taquitos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are probably surprised because they haven’t seen that from the factory, nor have I regardless of model. It’s normal to have miscellaneous materials from assembly (rubber bands, plastic packaging, etc) but not damaged harnesses or connectors. It sounds more like it may have had transportation damage and subsequent repairs; I’m not sure what the dollar amount needs to be before it’s required to be disclosed to the buyer.
Sounds like in my state it has to be disclosed if it’s 5% or more of msrp or $1000 not including glass, tires, bumpers, or cosmetic parts as long as they replace them. Cosmetic parts being anything that can be removed with bolts or clips and is not critical to functionality. So that would all make sense that no one knew about it. All the stuff in question, except connectors, is cosmetic and the connectors would hardly amount to $1000. Body panel alignment and all is fine by current ford standards (really not that great) so I don’t think anything meaningful was damaged. The weird paint is all hidden so really none of it matters. Just weird to have a dealer tell you out of the blue that your vehicle looks like it has had collision repairs done.

Thank you all for the opinions/insight.

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That hood mount is not acceptable. I cannot see a vehicle leaving the factory like that.