Post all your 2017 rap problems here please..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My lariat had the same problem. Very random but mostly while slow speed ot coming to stop. Ford denied it was a problem till many started complaining to NTSB. Master cylinder had to be replaced.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Its going in next week while im gone.

Kngranch

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone else missing paint under their doors or lower portion of the cab?

3478FF2B-0DF9-4D19-A18B-3E62CF180FC3_zpsn6u7omk8.jpg

03714865-F4C8-4418-B42F-5788027447B6_zpsorzd063c.jpg

AE205C10-7634-4AB4-99E0-53AFC44DECA8_zpshln601v7.jpg

Miker397

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not like:

1. Gear holding in sport. Refuses to upshift after stopping acceleration for like 5-10 seconds just holding 5,000rpm stupidly forever. Cannot do it manually without gear shifter to manual and then upshifting.

2. Have to toggle sport every startup

3. Truck struggles to put down power with any bumps in the road (and in Michigan there are lots) in 2wd. It's probably a function of not enough weight over rear axel and no independent rear suspension, but it jumps and skips and slides in corners and/or under any decent power. This is my first truck so maybe that is how they all are, but it is disappointing.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I do not like:

1. Gear holding in sport. Refuses to upshift after stopping acceleration for like 5-10 seconds just holding 5,000rpm stupidly forever. Cannot do it manually without gear shifter to manual and then upshifting.

2. Have to toggle sport every startup

3. Truck struggles to put down power with any bumps in the road (and in Michigan there are lots) in 2wd. It's probably a function of not enough weight over rear axel and no independent rear suspension, but it jumps and skips and slides in corners and/or under any decent power. This is my first truck so maybe that is how they all are, but it is disappointing.

In sport, the truck is deliberately trying to keep rpms around 2k rpms and up and it’s anticipating that you mean to cane the truck so it will hold RPMs pretty diligently. I’ve had the ‘won’t upshift’ condition once, but haven’t been able to replicate it.

WRT#3... I’ve travelled through and around Detroit... all I can say is: Respect. Those roads suck. The Raptor does not like severely broken pavement, manhole covers, etc. The corner bump / skipping is normal for an offroad oriented truck.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
+1 on the wont upshift, it makes me not use sport mode, it does it all the time to me when you accellerate hard and then want to maintain a speed. My wifes explorer sport does the exact same thing.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I haven't driven a Gen 2 yet so can't say if this has been exacerbated by the lighter aluminum bed but, ultimately, what you are describing is a characteristic of pickup trucks.

Things that help: 1) running your rear tires at a lower psi, 2) installing a set of progressive rear leaf springs. Also, any weight you can add back there helps. Keep a full tank of gas, add a tonneau cover, a rubber bed mat, your floor jack, etc.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I haven't driven a Gen 2 yet so can't say if this has been exacerbated by the lighter aluminum bed but, ultimately, what you are describing is a characteristic of pickup trucks.

Things that help: 1) running your rear tires at a lower psi, 2) installing a set of progressive rear leaf springs. Also, any weight you can add back there helps. Keep a full tank of gas, add a tonneau cover, a rubber bed mat, your floor jack, etc.

I had a 2011 screw ecoboost f150 with an extra leaf in the rear and the electronic locker and the rear handled beautifully. The raptor is kinda the opposite in the rear....

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone else missing paint under their doors or lower portion of the cab?

3478FF2B-0DF9-4D19-A18B-3E62CF180FC3_zpsn6u7omk8.jpg

03714865-F4C8-4418-B42F-5788027447B6_zpsorzd063c.jpg

AE205C10-7634-4AB4-99E0-53AFC44DECA8_zpshln601v7.jpg

The Gen1 had the same issues with paint coverage on the bottom of the doors! Mine did. They should fix it under warranty, if they give you a tough time about it ask for the customer service phone number and that should help.