Ordered

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BWMEEKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope the 3/21 date is accurate. Mine was built 3/7 with a scheduled dealer date of 3/21. It's still sitting at the plant awaiting shipment with a new date of 3/28. Since it hasn't moved yet I know 3/28 isn't going to happen either.

Anyone know if customers are allowed to go to assembly site and pick up truck from there rather than waiting for a shipping date? I'm sure I'd have to finalize Insurance and payment through dealer first but wasn't sure if it would even be allowed.

mtcatsfan

Reaction score
Anyone know if customers are allowed to go to assembly site and pick up truck from there rather than waiting for a shipping date? I'm sure I'd have to finalize Insurance and payment through dealer first but wasn't sure if it would even be allowed.

There are a TON of hoops to jump through to get that done. I tried when my wife's Mustang was sitting there for 3 weeks waiting for shipping. It was labor day and summer was almost over in Montana. So I tried flying her out to get it. The dealer tried to get it all set up for me. But it fell through and I had to wait for shipping.

Not sure if that's the case all the time. But it didn't work out for me.

OP
OP
Krahe3

Krahe3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think once my vehicle arrives I can stop updating my newbie post, until then here is the latest and greatest, not much change. Initially dealer told me delivery was supposed to be 21 March, that day has come and gone. The updated status is 28 March delivery date. Typical problems I am seeing across the board. I keep my fingers crossed and remain hopeful the time will come when my Raptor arrives.

Note to mods: Just a thought what about a "delivery room" forum a place where all of us expectant owners can patiently pace awaiting delivery. We can share our stories of our order date, vin date, build date, delivery date, etc...

OP
OP
Krahe3

Krahe3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got a chubby... Called SVT today, sick of the dealer telling me my date was pushed back for delivery with no reason, so I decided to take matters into my own hands. SVT gave me the shipping company name and convoy number. Did a Googhoo search for Jack Cooper Transport. I gave them my VIN and they said it is in transit. He pulled the GPS from the delivery wagon and my vehicle is in Easteren OH. I am in Western PA, so today, maybe tomorrow my truck should be in. I thought about asking for the route and giving my new ride a proper armed ****** into town, but I will wait to hear from the dealer.

Why can I as the consumer get this information in under ten minutes, when a dealer whose sole purpose is to service the customer cannot. Apparently his cut is not high enough to justify going above and beyond checking his computer and sipping coffee.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Just got a chubby... Called SVT today, sick of the dealer telling me my date was pushed back for delivery with no reason, so I decided to take matters into my own hands. SVT gave me the shipping company name and convoy number. Did a Googhoo search for Jack Cooper Transport. I gave them my VIN and they said it is in transit. He pulled the GPS from the delivery wagon and my vehicle is in Easteren OH. I am in Western PA, so today, maybe tomorrow my truck should be in. I thought about asking for the route and giving my new ride a proper armed ****** into town, but I will wait to hear from the dealer.

Why can I as the consumer get this information in under ten minutes, when a dealer whose sole purpose is to service the customer cannot. Apparently his cut is not high enough to justify going above and beyond checking his computer and sipping coffee.

That is a little annoying that the dealer could have done what you did...but either don't care or don't know how. Hopefully it's tomorrow keep us posted!

First Truck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered mine End December, Build date was 3-12, dealer says ETS 3/31, called SVT, (last 6 of VIN needed), they said on a train, ETA 4/6 now... AAHHHhhhhhggggggagaa:favorites68:

OP
OP
Krahe3

Krahe3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered mine End December, Build date was 3-12, dealer says ETS 3/31, called SVT, (last 6 of VIN needed), they said on a train, ETA 4/6 now... AAHHHhhhhhggggggagaa:favorites68:

What does your window sticker say in the method of transport? Mine said Convoy, I don't think mine even hit the rails. That could be some of your hold up.

OP
OP
Krahe3

Krahe3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why can I as thew consumer take 10 minutes from my day to do this, and get accurate information. My dealer whose sole purpose is to service the customer could not. I didn't need any special codes or passwords. I didn't need to lie or pretend to be someone else, just the owner of the vehicle with VIN in hand. The dealer has shown me that going the extra mile for the customer is not important, which in itself is one of the downfalls of the workforce of our country. I believe that one should take pride in their job, and give it all they have. I am so proud to be a member of the military where i get the opportunity to work over, with, and for some of the greatest individuals in the world where half-assed is unacceptable. Maybe if my dealers ass was on the line and he had to be held accountable for his actions he too would put his best effort forth to do his job. I don't care if you dig ditches, just dig the best damn ditch you can, that is all I ask.

I am now off of my soapbox.

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why can I as thew consumer take 10 minutes from my day to do this, and get accurate information. My dealer whose sole purpose is to service the customer could not. I didn't need any special codes or passwords. I didn't need to lie or pretend to be someone else, just the owner of the vehicle with VIN in hand. The dealer has shown me that going the extra mile for the customer is not important, which in itself is one of the downfalls of the workforce of our country. I believe that one should take pride in their job, and give it all they have. I am so proud to be a member of the military where i get the opportunity to work over, with, and for some of the greatest individuals in the world where half-assed is unacceptable. Maybe if my dealers ass was on the line and he had to be held accountable for his actions he too would put his best effort forth to do his job. I don't care if you dig ditches, just dig the best damn ditch you can, that is all I ask.

I am now off of my soapbox.

If you would have ordered from me, I WOULD HAVE DONE IT for you ....... :peace: <Maybe next time>

randy

OP
OP
Krahe3

Krahe3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Randy,
Had I known about your professionalism, attention to detail, and all around good guyedness I would have. My next vehicle purchase will be from you. Maybe you should write the training manual for the salesman in processing.

Stopped at the dealer to get a look at my beast. Man is she beautiful. Pick-up tomorrow at 1000hrs. I will have to bring it back in for some body work, the jaggoff loading it on the truck ran into a trailer hitch from the vehicle in front of it. a little square impression in the fiberglass valance under the upper grille. The dealer does excellent body work, so no worries there. Pics tomorrow!!!! I will get some comparisons between a Military HMMWV.