Ordered

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stole the pic of the beast from the other site, only one I found running the wheels I already have.

Approaching 3 weeks since ordering, still no VIN. This wait is killing me, I spend all day searching for mods, ideas, and places to go wheeling in my area. I am going to start spending and have a garage full of goodies before the truck even gets here. I almost bought an RC Raptor just to say I have one in my posession. I am hoping my daily calls to my dealer will speed the process up, but I am not holding my breath. Damn this sucks.

I remember the feeling. But down the line the anxiety you're experiencing will make you love your Raptor that much more.

Welcome aboard. This is the best Raptor forum around.

Thank you, Sir. :)

OP
OP
Krahe3

Krahe3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4 weeks down still no VIN, thankfully I still have my current ride. Drinking beer, watching the Pens get their asses handed to em, spending mental money on mods. This is torture, but a little torture never hurt anyone. Thank you all for the warm welcome, and all the info to help pass the time. I am living through you all and the fun you are having, bastards. Anyone know what the best percent tint on the front windows to match the back, yet still be legal?
Another question, how much additional attention is drawn to you by the cops driving your Raptor? Not effing off, just normal cruising? Worried about stopping after work for a couple cold ones and getting popped by some ******** with flashing lights. I no way condone drunk driving, but a happy hour cocktail to unwind after the work week?

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure on the tint but as far as the cops go... I definitely notice the looks from the PoPo, but not sure if they're just checking out the truck or sizing me up. No hassles yet thankfully.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Had a cop follow me to my house about 6 weeks ago, pulled up in front of my drive as I backed up my drive my wife walks out with the WTF did you do now look. He walks up and says "NICE TRUCK"
I looked at him and said " thought you were here to give me a ticket for something" he just gave me a smirk while checking out the truck.

OP
OP
Krahe3

Krahe3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a call today they got my VIN, build date of 16 March 2011, they are looking to get delivery around the end of March, early April. Getting closer.

PEZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I'm maybe a month behind you guys. I just placed my order on 2/12, and I can't wait either!

OP
OP
Krahe3

Krahe3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Called the dealer today to get my VIN to start the insurance process and pull my window sticker. Dealer said truck is scheduled for delivery MONDAY 21 March 2011. Holy dog shit! Checked the window sticker and the build date was two days earlier than projected. Just wanted to keep those tracking theirs in the loop for comparison.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
I hope the 3/21 date is accurate. Mine was built 3/7 with a scheduled dealer date of 3/21. It's still sitting at the plant awaiting shipment with a new date of 3/28. Since it hasn't moved yet I know 3/28 isn't going to happen either.