Opinions needed for Bed protection.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

knine

FRF Addict
Reaction score
and hell with knine involved, maybe get 3 trucks done at the same time for a better deal! heh i was debating too on getting color matching for the bed or the basic black.... leaning towards black since ill be getting a tonno also anyway.

I need black for under the bed at the wheel area :)

OP
OP
Big Blue

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ask 'em if you can get a discount on two. I am going to do the line-X when my truck comes in, same color of course !!! I'll go with if you can wait for mine to come in.

Are you going to do inside the rear wheels in black too? for about 100.00 from what I read, and it gets rid of that unsightly unfinished look and excellent protection for that wheelwell area.

when i went to the line-x web that was the closest one to pull up, and my sister lives in pleasant prairie, so i figured good reason to go up and spend a night with them and the nieces too.

is the paletine an onsite place? i know line-x will go to shops to do work for them, so your paying line-x and that shop for the same job. atleast thats how the dealership i origionally worked with said they can get line-x done.

and hell with knine involved, maybe get 3 trucks done at the same time for a better deal! heh i was debating too on getting color matching for the bed or the basic black.... leaning towards black since ill be getting a tonno also anyway.

Yes I beleive its an onsite location. However, after looking at the site closer, I do not think the Palatine location does color match, just black, which is OK with me.

I will see what they will offer for a 2 and 3 truck deal. Of course I'll wait for your 2012 to get in knine, heck you will probably get yours only a few weeks after mine.

I will PM you guys once I get some numbers. :waytogo:

Duffield

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the Herculiner bought from Pepboys. I had a good talk with the guy there and he could not talk more good about it. It took a few days to install and I have to say it looked like total trash. I think the do it yourself products are good for some things, but not not a Raptor. In the end it cost me 100$ to install, and 200$ to remove. I learned my lesson. Please dont make the same mistake I did.

Raptoyd11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when i went to the line-x web that was the closest one to pull up, and my sister lives in pleasant prairie, so i figured good reason to go up and spend a night with them and the nieces too.

is the paletine an onsite place? i know line-x will go to shops to do work for them, so your paying line-x and that shop for the same job. atleast thats how the dealership i origionally worked with said they can get line-x done.

Thats the one I am going to on RT 176 in Prairie Grove. Great guys over there and will do a Raptor for 425.00

SHOOTER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take a close look at Rhino, then at LINE-X. You can see the difference in the texture and overall look. I know both are tough as heck, but I've never seen a Rhino look as good as my 8 year old LINE-x

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
We got rhino in our dodge 3500 back in 2004. It looks like SHIT now. The truck is red. In the bed, its got chunks missing, and it was so thin that in many places the red shows through.
It has a warranty, and can be redone if we can find the receipt. The thing is we are living in our RV while our house is being built right now, sooo we don't really know where that paper is lol.
I like line x better. But, I got a BEDRUG. It looks better in this truck, the grey almost matches the color of the fender flares. Plus its crazy durable.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You know... with all this talk about the Plasti0Dip stuff... What is keeping us from getting a bunch of cans of that shit and either painting it or spraying it on the bed? If it chips, nicks or scratches, just spray it down again.

If you wanted to take it out, it peels right off... The stuff seems to be pretty durable with people putting it on their wheels, front bumpers, etc...

Just a thought.

Personally, I have a BedRug.

BigBlock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me get this straight, you have a FORD RAPTOR and you would put this in it?

(Herculiner)
Herculiner3.jpg

...or even this?
(Rhino)
Rhino23-1.jpg

I say, "Shame on you!" :slap:

Go get LINE-X Xtra or Premium (no fading) and be proud.
BlackMatch2.jpg

Plat1.jpg

Last edited: