Opinions needed for Bed protection.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Big Blue

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah im in agreement with everyone else..... why spend the money that we have on a truck, and then use an autozone DIY product? and yes as you said, once its in, theres no going back, so if YOU **** it up.... you have no one to blame but YOU. now if Line-X ***** it up....... now they can spend the time and money making it right.

ive already been looking it up, and the closest place by us is just north of Pleasant Prairie WI, which is lil over an hour for me, should be less then an hour for you. i was already gonna go there and get bed and wheel wells done, if we both go maybe get it cheaper even?

I checked and there is a Line-X installer in Palatine, IL. Thats got to be closer to you than WI, no? I send an email request for a quote and see they sometimes run "specials" too. I requested a quote for black and another quote to color match my blue.

Only takes 2 hours to get it done too! :waytogo:

knine

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I checked and there is a Line-X installer in Palatine, IL. Thats got to be closer to you than WI, no? I send an email request for a quote and see they sometimes run "specials" too. I requested a quote for black and another quote to color match my blue.

Ask 'em if you can get a discount on two. I am going to do the line-X when my truck comes in, same color of course !!! I'll go with if you can wait for mine to come in.

Are you going to do inside the rear wheels in black too? for about 100.00 from what I read, and it gets rid of that unsightly unfinished look and excellent protection for that wheelwell area.

RapaTon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm definitely getting linex in the bed and rear wheels when my 2012 gets here.

The real question is should I color match or get black for the bed on my silver cc?

RapaTon

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I got a bedbug. I love it. It looks so much better than before, plus if you put things in the bed, it won't scratch it, but will stand up to pretty much everything. Battery acid, oil, even muriatic acid won't hurt it.
I paid $418 after tax.

you should get that taken care of. i hear they are hard to get rid of :hitit:

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
speaking of a BEDRUG, definitely get in touch with Morrie over at BAKFactoryOutlet. He is looking to help out some Raptor guys he just got here as a vendor.

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score

when i went to the line-x web that was the closest one to pull up, and my sister lives in pleasant prairie, so i figured good reason to go up and spend a night with them and the nieces too.

is the paletine an onsite place? i know line-x will go to shops to do work for them, so your paying line-x and that shop for the same job. atleast thats how the dealership i origionally worked with said they can get line-x done.

and hell with knine involved, maybe get 3 trucks done at the same time for a better deal! heh i was debating too on getting color matching for the bed or the basic black.... leaning towards black since ill be getting a tonno also anyway.

PEZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with a BedRug, and with my BakFlip F1, it's like I have a huge waterproof trunk back there! I really really like it! I had LineX in my last truck, a F250, and it was nice, but I had to have it resprayed when the first one chipped up. I would look at your needs. I used my last truck bed heavily, but I'll be pulling a trailer more with this truck, and that will take the abuse. I am completely satisfied with the BedRug so far, definitely 2 thumbs up for my needs!

Heme61

Reaction score
I am a rhino fan ....had it in three trucks.....that shit can take a beating....I also went with the Diamondback cover.....I agree on not using DIY stuff it doesn't compare to either Rhino or Line x .