Opinions needed for Bed protection.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"Ok my friends.

Finished all the bed items this morning and here are some pics.

Retrax Pro"

Hey Big Blue, nice work, but that is not a Retrax pro. That's a Retrax. I can tell since it has smaller slats, the Retrax pro are way bigger, beefier, and solid metal. Check their website, or my pictures for more detail. I can take better pictures if you want.

Either way looks good, I can't get the swing case since I have the bed extender. If the vendor sold you a Retrax pro it's no wonder you saved money since they clearly ordered you a Retrax. It should have saved you around $500 or so.

OP
OP
Big Blue

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Big Blue, nice work, but that is not a Retrax pro. That's a Retrax. I can tell since it has smaller slats, the Retrax pro are way bigger, beefier, and solid metal. Check their website, or my pictures for more detail. I can take better pictures if you want.

Either way looks good, I can't get the swing case since I have the bed extender. If the vendor sold you a Retrax pro it's no wonder you saved money since they clearly ordered you a Retrax. It should have saved you around $500 or so.

Good catch Bull. Not sure why I wrote "Pro" on that thread versus retrax "one" as I did on the others. Correct, mine is a retrax one. Yours is the retrax pro. I really like the combo of the bedrug and retrax. The swing case is really nice since I can stow a lot of stuff that otherwise would fill up the cabin. Your also correct, the retrax one is $500 less than the pro. :peace:

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good! Phew, at least you didn't pay for a PRO and get a ONE. Regardless, it's awesome, congrats. Now all you need to do is the auto tailgate lock mod. It's $80, and well worth it! Keep your retrax locked, it's peace of mind.

BigBlock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want a Retrax, you should also call your local vendors. Due to Retrax's minimum advertised price policy ("MAP), online dealers can't ADVERTISE a price below a certain amount.

Also, Retrax will ship directly to the customer via a dealer order. So, if the online dealer stocks Retrax covers, there will be two shipping charges (one from Retrax to online dealer and one from online dealer to customer.) Local dealers will only have one shipping charge.

$1,050 for a RetraxOne purchased out of state is an OK price, but not a great price.

BORG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with Line-X and the additional UV coating. It turned out great and I wouldn't hesitate recommending it.

Stepside

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went for the DualLiner.
Impact plastic sides and heavy rubber mat
which has an almost tacky feeling, so nothing skids or slides.
It is the most functional Liner. :waytogo:
See, i even have it - slighly dirty already.

As for the Bakflip F1 . . . hey, it's 'Top of the Line'
And again, most functional Tonneau. :waytogo:

Attachments

• 2011_1230_120026AA.jpg
    2011_1230_120026AA.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 64
  • 2011_1230_120147AA.jpg
    2011_1230_120147AA.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 76
  • 2011_1230_121341AA.jpg
    2011_1230_121341AA.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 57
  • 2011_1230_121817AA.jpg
    2011_1230_121817AA.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 63

BigBlock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just my opinion:

The DualLiner works fine, but it's butt ugly for a Raptor, maybe better for a work truck.

The new Undercover Flex works like the Bakflip except with the Flex, you can take the cover off the truck. So, I think the Flex has better function than a Bakflip.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've had Rhino and I now have Line-X, and my experience is that Line-X is the superior product. If you go with Line-X, you might consider having them spray your rear wheel wells.