Obvious statement: 5.0 versus 3.5 Ecoboost HO

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You’re quite far down the rabbit-hole. Perhaps a new project will reel you in. Get it just solid with what you’ve done and start a new journey on something else. I had 5 subarus. The first 4 I got tired of because of what I did to them. The last I parted with to get my caddy. But it was a well done car. I did everything, but each thing I did was incremental and high quality. No more cheap springs, or oversized turbos, or cheap but supposedly upgraded shocks, self tuned etc. it was a masterpiece of what I learned not to do. A bunch of mild things added up to a really smooth and nice feeling car that was nothing like the hoons that were around.

Sometimes too much is indeed too much. Modding just to mod kills the character if you go balls out on every piece. That’s just what I’ve learned. This is more sharing so please don’t take it as commentary on what you’ve done to your car. Philosophical you know.

lol - no I know what you’re saying too- been there done that, that’s why I drove everything I could think of (for a 2nd time) before diving deeper w/ this. I just like the platform it’s super light weight (3150 lbs) & I like the pop up headlights & unique no hatch rat rod look (all other vettes have the hatchback big glass in back)

I wanted a mostly stock LOOKING older muscle vette that doubled as a supercar slayer. I’ll have owned it 10 years in January- not first time I tore it down- I’m rebuilding entire suspension also & bead blasting/cerakote the a-arms/spindles etc etc very long story probably should PM- but I’ll certainly post pics when all done!!!!

I strictly view/great it as a hobby/you “go/fast” car & even when it was “only” 450whp w/ cam etc still @ the weight made most other stuff feel slow, then after the blower it takes a litre bike or Porsche turbo S to tickle my fancy if ya know what I mean hahaha

it’s a sickness!

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nicely done. My V is shocking to non car people. Especially when it has the stock wheels with snow tires. I was on hospice duty with my stepdad two years ago and that’s what I drove there with. Ferried his mom back and forth every day until he was gone. My aunt came up several times during the 2 weeks and she said when they came out to follow me back to his house that first day they came up she wondered out loud why I was driving such a ‘normal’ car. My dad was a hot rodder and she’s seen our awful cars.

then she heard it start up. And howled with laughter in her car with her husband. It was kind of a bonding story at the time.

Mikee Martin

SVC. Krazy House Customz. JDM. Seaside Superbikes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No troll here. Here are the 2 cars. I had 2 previous vettes before this one. Got rid of the vet because of back surgery. Mustang GT-NO, but GT350 yes.
View attachment 153479 View attachment 153480

I owned a 2000 Corvette Z06 hardtop. It was a blast, minus the electronic aids. The steering wheel locked during a high speed run down Carmel Valley Road. I was able to keep up with all of the latest Sport bikes at the time. At the group ride my brakes were on fire at the end of the 45 mile stretch. Chevy has since offered the car with Ceramic upgrades to the brakes. Very fun car. Only vehicle that would give me any stimulation like riding a sport bike. Only problem was the damage incurred while having fun. The local dealership really loved to see me every Monday morning for the warranty repair...lol...and I never even drove it at the racetrack as it was supposedly designed for. It was a great 3 years, then Chevy bought it back after they could not keep the Harmonic Balancer from flying off. Never had so much fun with shorts and a tank top on, with no helmet, and a trophy chick riding shotgun (minus the trophy chicks bedroom action)...Maby I need to try a new one out? Are they fast and reliable, like a Japanese Motorcycle (230hp, 350lbs 2020 Kawasaki ZX10)....Any comments or suggestions? Ferrari makes a really nice supercar that costs about $3,000,000 US that might be able to do a 1.30 lap time at Laguna Seca Raceway in Monterey, CA...COTA (Circuit of The Americas in Texas, best track in USA) has too many strait sections for any car to compete...