Does extended warranty cover offroading?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just pull the code and tell us what it says. Sounds like a bad coil or plug? Misfiring?

OP
OP
younganddumb

younganddumb

Reaction score
Just pull the code and tell us what it says. Sounds like a bad coil or plug? Misfiring?
My FordPass told me, when the engine light turned on, it was for a misfire. Then it gave me another one when my dad was driving it home for fuel capacity( it was just topped off). So I'm hopping it just a plug and this was all a minor issue but all I can do at 4 am is just pray Lol.

Smokyray

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, I’m amazed at
A. How blessed you are to have such a cool Dad to let you drive a Raptor (took me 63 years)
B. How blessed your cool Dad didn’t give you a sound thrashing and further punishment till morale improved, like mine…:)
Great to have you on the forum!
V/R
Smokey
PS: God Bless Texas…

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now I’m glad I grew up poor. I bought my own first car, a 69 Volkswagen rust bucket that didn’t have enough power to free itself if the ground froze at night. I worked two summers on an oilfield pipeline crew that I was convinced was trying to kill me or at least I thought I’d die, them dudes had beer bellies and smoked cigarettes while carrying 2in bottle neck tubing around the mountains all day long. I though I was a two a day practice football stud, man was that an awakening to life.They were glad too see me go at the end of the summer… so they could go back to loafing… they thought they could break me. If I’d had a car with any power, I wouldn’t be here now… that much I know.

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The op seems spoiled and immature.
(Also refer to another of this op’s posts trying to get better 0-60 times.

If you’re going to beat your dad’s truck, you need to be willing to face the consequences.

If this is your truck then just bring your trust fund checkbook or your mom’s credit card to the dealer with you.

:snoopfacepalm:

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Now I’m glad I grew up poor. I bought my own first car, a 69 Volkswagen rust bucket that didn’t have enough power to free itself if the ground froze at night. I worked two summers on an oilfield pipeline crew that I was convinced was trying to kill me or at least I thought I’d die, them dudes had beer bellies and smoked cigarettes while carrying 2in bottle neck tubing around the mountains all day long. I though I was a two a day practice football stud, man was that an awakening to life.They were glad too see me go at the end of the summer… so they could go back to loafing… they thought they could break me. If I’d had a car with any power, I wouldn’t be here now… that much I know.
LOL I bought a '67 Mercury Cougar with over 100k miles. And worked in the fields and packing houses of the San Joaquin Valley alongside lots of Mexicans. Who worked like machines and made me feel inadequate. Sending a '62 Chevy 3/4 ton was among the stupid things I did. If I had had a Raptor I would be dead for sure. The best thing I ever did was go to college and leave. Too funny. Are we somehow brothers?

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I should rephrase that, I didn’t grow up poor at all. I did grow up to be self reliant though. It’s a skill that has served me well my whole life. Where there’s a will, there’s a way and you can’t beat persistence. I own a small water well business and honestly the pool of people I have to hire from just defies logic anymore, I’m convinced as a society we are going backwards. I’m gonna try to work another 10 yrs but honestly don’t know if I can put up with another generation to make it that long. In a way the OP didn’t do anything wrong, just likely did what any of us would of done if “ given” a Raptor at 16, but his parents aren’t parenting, they just wanna be the cool parents. I was raised by my grandparents and cool wasn’t in their vocabulary. That concludes the old man rant on this subject.

Pikser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use my truck off-road probably 60% of the time on oil a gas well sites.
I have called Ford service twice but both times we towed it out to the paved road, washed it with a power washer then called. When asked my response is no idea it just stopped. Mt thought is why give them any reason to cause an issue.

OP
OP
younganddumb

younganddumb

Reaction score
I got it checked out at a local auto shop they say nothing is wrong they checked the coil
The op seems spoiled and immature.
(Also refer to another of this op’s posts trying to get better 0-60 times.

If you’re going to beat your dad’s truck, you need to be willing to face the consequences.

If this is your truck then just bring your trust fund checkbook or your mom’s credit card to the dealer with you.

:snoopfacepalm:
Obviously I’m spoiled but no need to hate so much I’m blessed to have this truck and I was definitely punished and nearly had the truck sold after off-roading it. In the end it just misfired then the safety features shut it down which caused most the problems, the auto shop that I took it too told me it didn’t really have a reason for why it misfired in my opinion I interpreted it like the death wobble but with a misfire. They put the coil that misfired on a different one so if it happens again they will know it’s the coil that needs to be replaced. Sorry if I sound immature or ungrateful I’m just trying to understand more about the truck.