Does extended warranty cover offroading?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
younganddumb

younganddumb

Reaction score
I guess I should rephrase that, I didn’t grow up poor at all. I did grow up to be self reliant though. It’s a skill that has served me well my whole life. Where there’s a will, there’s a way and you can’t beat persistence. I own a small water well business and honestly the pool of people I have to hire from just defies logic anymore, I’m convinced as a society we are going backwards. I’m gonna try to work another 10 yrs but honestly don’t know if I can put up with another generation to make it that long. In a way the OP didn’t do anything wrong, just likely did what any of us would of done if “ given” a Raptor at 16, but his parents aren’t parenting, they just wanna be the cool parents. I was raised by my grandparents and cool wasn’t in their vocabulary. That concludes the old man rant on this subject.
This truck was definitely not my parents first pick for a truck and even I was pretty surprised to get it I went through 2 other trucks previously before they decided on the raptor, the first truck they got had mechanical problems right off the back and the dealer wouldn’t fix it so they returned it, and the second f150 the dealership tried to pull a quick one at 8 at night and overcharge us 5k with a dealership package that ultimately had nothing in it. So then my dad after finding that out was furious and went to a ford dealership we always wanted to buy something from and they gave us a great price for a raptor. Still cannot express how blessed I am.

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This truck was definitely not my parents first pick for a truck and even I was pretty surprised to get it I went through 2 other trucks previously before they decided on the raptor, the first truck they got had mechanical problems right off the back and the dealer wouldn’t fix it so they returned it, and the second f150 the dealership tried to pull a quick one at 8 at night and overcharge us 5k with a dealership package that ultimately had nothing in it. So then my dad after finding that out was furious and went to a ford dealership we always wanted to buy something from and they gave us a great price for a raptor. Still cannot express how blessed I am.
I’ve read through most of this thread and I have to say you’ve done a great job at expressing yourself, remaining humble and not resorting to angry retorts to what had been some amount of criticism and I suspect some amount of envy from essentially mostly your elders. For that you are to be commended.Life is essentially a series of lessons and all of us have made plenty of mistakes along the way, smart people learn from mistakes and endeavor not to repeat the mistake. I guess someday this little episode will be a memory you can look back upon as part of becoming you. Enjoy your Raptor!

dj30417

XX drive an OG Raptor and a Winnie
Reaction score
You now have the perfect story to tell your future kids when they want to borrow your built Raptor. I say built because you will have numerous opportunities for repairs/upgrades if you keep driving it like that and you will. But it’s okay. You never know it might lead you to a career in the auto industry (you also have a flair for writing/story telling). Stick around, since you didn’t lose your electronic device privileges. You will learn a lot, but it comes with its punches (all in good fun).

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I guess I should rephrase that, I didn’t grow up poor at all.
You know, I never felt poor. Yeah, Dad cut my hair and I cut his and I wore a denim jacket from the farm supply store that cost $9 instead of the ridiculously expensive but stylish Levi jacket that cost $30, but I never went hungry and I had everything I really needed. I wouldn't change it if I could.