New phasers = power loss

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

DBL7DS

Reaction score
Now if that isnt the pot calling the kettle black. Yr mad about an animated gif. Don't take me so seriously.

This is my point exactly - thread title is spoken as truth when in fact its based on aggressive on ramp merges and no data at all. We get 5 cam phaser threads a week bring some receipts and maybe the grand master @FordTechOne will throw some of his magic your way…
1705109191665.gif

Granelli

Reaction score
I'ts not like my truck made 100 less hp after, But there was a new tuning strategy that was released through ford along with the updated parts. It was noticeable and changed the trucks engine character.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

People perceive what they perceive and you can not convince them otherwise with all the facts in the world.
Confirmation bias.

you said idle wasn’t like it should be and low end seems off?

check the tubing; intake to turbo inlets. that sounds eerily familiar.

OP
OP
D

DBL7DS

Reaction score
Confirmation bias.

you said idle wasn’t like it should be and low end seems off?

check the tubing; intake to turbo inlets. that sounds eerily familiar.
Thanks, popped the hood with service writer at pick up to do a look over - and each morning since. Waiting on Mishimoto piping order for rad/turbos. Noticed lower rad - after T to water pump - slightly flat. Pssst when I unscrewed degas cap. cap failed pressure test last night, so grabbed one this morning. Hopefully that’s all it is.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Unless you’re 9’ tall with a 4 foot reach, you’re not going to be able to lay eyes on the turbo inlet tubes very well. You can glimpse the turbo inlets at the rear of the front wheel well and if you’re stock, you can tell if they’re loose.

If you’re not stock and have clamped silicone boots on the turbo & tube, a leak is a distinct possibility. While you could see the turbo inlet, you won’t be able to see the clamp to the boot / tube unless you climb up over the engine.

If you have an intercooler, that can also leak.

OP
OP
D

DBL7DS

Reaction score
Unless you’re 9’ tall with a 4 foot reach, you’re not going to be able to lay eyes on the turbo inlet tubes very well. You can glimpse the turbo inlets at the rear of the front wheel well and if you’re stock, you can tell if they’re loose.

If you’re not stock and have clamped silicone boots on the turbo & tube, a leak is a distinct possibility. While you could see the turbo inlet, you won’t be able to see the clamp to the boot / tube unless you climb up over the engine.

If you have an intercooler, that can also leak.
All stock. Got in there with stethoscope and mirror all over. Based on diagrams, I think I’m seeing it all probably not. Dropping at deal tomorrow evening and will let them sort it out. Thank you.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter