New phasers = power loss

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DBL7DS

Reaction score
verified part numbers etc thanks to this board and great info! New phasers, etc. did the repairs make it less peppy or did I just get used to it. lol I did a KAM reset roughly a week before bringing to service. no codes temps fine.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
verified part numbers etc thanks to this board and great info! New phasers, etc. did the repairs make it less peppy or did I just get used to it. lol I did a KAM reset roughly a week before bringing to service. no codes temps fine.
Did the mechanic siphon out your 93 and put 87 octane in it?

Granelli

Reaction score
In my opinion, my 2018 was more peppy pre-cam phaser fix. It's as if the Rpm's do not rise and fall as fast.

OP
OP
D

DBL7DS

Reaction score
In my opinion, my 2018 was more peppy pre-cam phaser fix. It's as if the Rpm's do not rise and fall as fast.
Exactly. On ramps and interstate truck pulls probably better than before. The xlt eco boost loaner I had was quicker from a stop. Or traction control. I didn’t have to feather the throttle leaving the car wash today… prephaser it would break the tires with minimal pedal. I assume they would have disco battery at dealer? Maybe try KAM reset? Something wong

OP
OP
D

DBL7DS

Reaction score
So I unplugged overnight… connected battery this morning. Had a funky idle. Ran through the gears easy a few times. More responsive. Longer crank from remote than before. Idle def relearning after 5 cycles today. Surprise, auto higbeam came out of nowhere - figured roads I travel had too much ambient light.

Sidebar, did the heater hose hose clamp TSB on my seat. World of difference.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Which syllables stumped you?
1st. Seat track /hose clamp TSB, thanks. I may need that.

2nd @thatJeepguy is a proven member here and honestly your thoughts of "phaser =power loss" is rather ignorant of how things work.

But I get it, I deal with people all day everyday and the whole "ever since you put air in my tire my car gets 18 mpg worse" is an actual thing.

People perceive what they perceive and you can not convince them otherwise with all the facts in the world.