Doppelganger - new member

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

f33d

Reaction score
New member - first post, although have been leveraging the knowledge here in the forum for months.

Saw the post from @f33d and realized I had a doppelganger. I recently moved from a 22 Gladiator Mojave and bought a 2019 SCREW that is all stock. Had the Jeep less than a year a realized after a trip to Costco trying to fit toilet paper, Paper towels, bag of ice, and a week worth of food (had to use the bed, back seat, and the passenger seat) that it was not going to work for me. I took the Gladiator to the desert a few times and did the whole Mojave road. After a few trips to the desert in the Raptor there is no comparison, Raptor is way better. Just back from camping by Big Sur and drove the "old coast road" finished with a few new pin stripes, the raptor is definitely a wide vehicle in tight trails.

19 SCREW, Agate black with 90K miles.
Fully loaded 802A with carbon and raptor tech package. Concerned it is a lot of miles but all maintenance was done regularly, and cam phasers done at 70K miles. Probably need to service the shocks but most of the miles were freeway and they still feel pretty good. I did the Pano roof Maintenance that I found here on the forum and the roof still sometimes sticks open when I pop it up before sliding it to fully open.

Thanks for all the knowledge shared by members on this forum. #ITISNOTAPRIUS

View attachment 421038
View attachment 421037View attachment 421036View attachment 421035
Haha nice man. My brotha from anotha motha!

f33d

Reaction score
I do miss the sting gray. That color was ******* mint and always looked good. Black look good for exactly 2 minutes after you wash it. Guess I’m gonna have to break out the clay bars and bank account.

OP
OP
McDaddy0502

McDaddy0502

Reaction score
I do miss the sting gray. That color was ******* mint and always looked good. Black look good for exactly 2 minutes after you wash it. Guess I’m gonna have to break out the clay bars and bank account.
Yes, Sting gray was the best color for trail rash and winter driving for sure. Already have a nice pin stripe from a manzanita bush encroaching on the trail on the nice black Raptor...

f33d

Reaction score
Yes, Sting gray was the best color for trail rash and winter driving for sure. Already have a nice pin stripe from a manzanita bush encroaching on the trail on the nice black Raptor...
I’d say the smiles per gallon are about the same. I don’t really miss the top off as the pano moonroof gives me just as much light. What I don’t miss is that ancient stone pentastar 3.6. I’m seeing dealers sell new Mojave’s and rubicon’s for 60-70k. Which is wild seeing as you can get an equally equipped 17-20 raptor with low miles at that price. Fiat has lost their mind.

OP
OP
McDaddy0502

McDaddy0502

Reaction score
I’d say the smiles per gallon are about the same. I don’t really miss the top off as the pano moonroof gives me just as much light. What I don’t miss is that ancient stone pentastar 3.6. I’m seeing dealers sell new Mojave’s and rubicon’s for 60-70k. Which is wild seeing as you can get an equally equipped 17-20 raptor with low miles at that price. Fiat has lost their mind.
They have lost their mind .. Honda Ridgeline outsold the Gladiator through the first half of the year 2023. Sales of the Gladiator were down 29% year over year.

Froadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the truck. How do you like the tent? Any issues with it or the rack while offroading? I’ve been debating getting one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter