New Front Brakes-Rotors Rubbing Inside of Wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdurbin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cant see anyone's pictures but Im guessing incorrect offset?
Huge issue on the Tbird SC I had with aftermarket rims and the Cobra calipers on it.

Corey

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

jason07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a regular F150 one of the pads has a big "ear" that sticks out of one of the brake pads. The pads will attach to either side of the caliper you just have to be sure that you put the pad on the correct side. That ear is probably what's rubbing your wheel (at least that's what it would be on a regular F150)

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have seen and heard of that too, but what I have also seen when folks instead Raptor pads backwards like that is that the calipers will not close the pads onto the rotors. no THAT I have seen several times over the past months, even when they've been installed by a shop. I actually think that the Method Double Standards are just slightly tighter tolerance as a 17" wheel than stock or even other aftermarket wheels because I have sold over 50-60 of the R1 brake packages without having this issue on any other brand or even model of wheel.