MPT tune without intercooler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ragingred

Reaction score
I am looking into tuning my 19 Raptor with MPT tune. Would an upgraded intercooler be necessary? I only plan on keeping the truck for about another year so I don’t know if I want to put a lot into it but if the intercooler is necessary or will drastically help the performance of the truck with the tune then I will get it, just trying to find some feedback before ordering stuff. Thanks guys! Love this forum

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am looking into tuning my 19 Raptor with MPT tune. Would an upgraded intercooler be necessary? I only plan on keeping the truck for about another year so I don’t know if I want to put a lot into it but if the intercooler is necessary or will drastically help the performance of the truck with the tune then I will get it, just trying to find some feedback before ordering stuff. Thanks guys! Love this forum
Its only Been asked 297 times on this forum before…

jAKe47

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What makes them better than MPT? I’m not really familiar with all the tuning companies

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
If you’re truly getting rid of the truck in a year, then don’t tune it at all. Just drive it.

A stock location intercooler isn’t “required” with a tune unless you run the truck at wot a lot or just more than two wot runs without a cooldown period. The turbos blow superheated air very quickly after a short time at wot.

butts182

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an MPT tune on my ‘17 for 40k miles without an aftermarket intercooler. Absolutely zero issues. The tune made the truck way more fun to drive. I would recommend MPT.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Definitely get the truck tuned, no need to run an upgraded aftermarket IC unless you are really pushing the truck off-road and/or live in a climate that is hot/humid more months of the year than it isn’t. If you’re not keeping the truck long that doesn’t even matter….but if I were going to add an aftermarket IC it wouldn’t be the front mounted ones that stick out like a sore thumb in the front grill, just an automatic warranty voider lol, I’d get one that mounts in stock location.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter