moonroof help!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok good to know thanks For all the help. I don't know if it will 've a problem for me being over the manufacturer warranty but I do have the extended so we will see. @FordService do you know if they will cover it

Hey svtippy,

I can't make warranty determinations, but your dealership's service manager will let you know if this is a repair that can be made under your extended warranty.

Crystal

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was told it would be covered under my extended even though they did not get a chance to look at it.

OP
OP
svtippy

svtippy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone just to give you an update my truck is at the dealership and it needs the tracks replaced there's some plastic clip or something that broke either way it will be covered under warranty witch is great. Schultz Ford has been nothing but fantastic about all the issues that have come up.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey everyone just to give you an update my truck is at the dealership and it needs the tracks replaced there's some plastic clip or something that broke either way it will be covered under warranty witch is great. Schultz Ford has been nothing but fantastic about all the issues that have come up.

Great news, svtippy! Sounds like your dealership is taking excellent care of you.

Crystal

ibleedblue

Reaction score
Having the same problem with mine. After taking it to the dealer and Ford approving its still under warranty. Waited all but 2 weeks for the parts to get there. I took it to the dealership to get fixed today. It was supposed to be done by the time I was done work, come to find out it has to spend the night due to the technician breaking a piece of my interior trim while reinstalling the headliner. Service guy says it will be good to go tomorrow. Ive read a few articles about this issue and seems the best course of action is to operate the moon roof on a more regular interval as to keep things lubed and free flowing.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine broke this summer and I use mine ALL the time. I rarely use AC. I usually open every window and sunroof. Mine still broke....

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

ibleedblue

Reaction score
Damn! so much for that theory then. Unfortunately it sounds like we have to chalk it up as poor engineering , cheap parts, or both.