Magnaflow Magnapack question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here are some pics of the install. Had to fab the 1 into 2 pipe and cut a few inches off the pipe after the resonator. This is what a good install should look like.
th_ee46b91e.jpg
th_0cf8368f.jpg
th_655aed7f.jpg

Ni9mm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After much deliberation I am thinking about going this route for exhaust. Most bang for minimal buck.

Would someone like to elaborate on the low end loss of back pressure or torque. I'm towing a boat quite a bit ( flats boat 18 ft 1500lbs ) I need to know if this is going affect that any.

Am I going to have to have Mike at 5 star tweak my tune a little bit?

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No issues with the 5 Star tune. Do not tow with this truck but have not noticed any degradation in low end performance. Very nice tone---sounds really good at the higher RPM's. After having it for awhile now the drone is barely noticable.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Nice! Looks and sounds just like mine.
I've got over 40k miles on it and still love it. Engine's getting a little tired, and some mornings the rough idle start sounds better than some Harley's I've known...:)

Ni9mm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Boss Hoss you said you left the resonator on ? Is that the big round thing right before the smaller round ( the magnapack I assume ) thing ? Sorry not very mech friendly here.

Maxx yours is without the resonator ? Do you just cut the resonator off then weld up the magnapack ?

Thanks for all your help and info guys.

I ordered the magnapack from amazon just trying to decide if I want to leave the resonator on or not. I would rather not hear my girl pissing and moaning about it and I want to get it right the first time.

Last edited:

svtchris1021

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys i want to got the magnaflow way, but im a newbie about this mufflers, whats the difference between the oval vs the round vs magnapack? I was going to order the oval one.. but I just found about these other 2. what do u guys recomended, im looking for a deep chill sound.

Ni9mm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just discovered that my 2010 does not have a resonator. I wonder if my neighbors are going to bitch. Oh well!