Wheel Bearing Install Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ifranco82

Reaction score
Hello,

I just replaced both of the front wheel bearings on my '19 Raptor and didn't realize you had to pull vacuum on the IWEs before installing the new ones. Am I royally ******** something up by not doing that? I was able to align the teeth of the new bearings with the IWE and they went in without any issues, everything rotated just fine before tightening the bolts. I've driven the truck roughly less than 100 miles since install and haven't had any sensors go off or anything.

This is my first Raptor so I'm still learning quite a few things about the IWE systems in these trucks. Any insight would be appreciated.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I just replaced both of the front wheel bearings on my '19 Raptor and didn't realize you had to pull vacuum on the IWEs before installing the new ones. Am I royally ******** something up by not doing that? I was able to align the teeth of the new bearings with the IWE and they went in without any issues, everything rotated just fine before tightening the bolts. I've driven the truck roughly less than 100 miles since install and haven't had any sensors go off or anything.

This is my first Raptor so I'm still learning quite a few things about the IWE systems in these trucks. Any insight would be appreciated.
you just totaled the truck. its worthless now. i know a guy who can junk it. send me the truck and title, i will hand everything for you for free.