Gen 2 Raptor Vacuum System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I posted in another IWE thread the proper vacuum strategy.

Short version.

Above 32, hubs stay engaged (no vacuum) for 1/2 mile after start

Below 32, it is 1 or 2 miles. This is to warm up the front differential.
What, you say ford designed it so the hubs stay engaged? Not sure I buy this one

mobilefordtechjosh

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Hubs holding vacuum disengages the shaft ends when you loose vacuum it will engage the ends. Make sure your testing the correct position on the IWE and when applying vacuum see if it stays steady and also on jack stands spin the wheel while it’s holding Vacuum see if it changes.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So the truck opens a solenoid valve after a certain distance. Well how do you test it? Your in a shop, going nowhere and could not disengage or spin the wheel.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the truck opens a solenoid valve after a certain distance. Well how do you test it? Your in a shop, going nowhere and could not disengage or spin the wheel.
If you’re in a shop I hope the temperature is above 32F.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You just don’t get it. You shut the truck off and doing anything, then you need another half mile. Know wonder all/most techs are air heads, they leave the truck running after driving it around the block. Ford is gassing our tech’s

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter