Power inverter question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

akbjr

Reaction score
Hello,

Just got a 2023 gen 3 and have a question regarding the inverter and outlets that are available in the bed and the cab. Are these to be used only when the engine is running and if they are used when the engine is off I am assuming they can drain the battery? Is there a meter that shows the battery health to gauge how much power has been used? I DO NOT have the 2kw PRO power on board, just the standard plugs and the inverter that i see under he right potion of the rear seat.

thanks

grussell

Reaction score
Hello,

Just got a 2023 gen 3 and have a question regarding the inverter and outlets that are available in the bed and the cab. Are these to be used only when the engine is running and if they are used when the engine is off I am assuming they can drain the battery? Is there a meter that shows the battery health to gauge how much power has been used? I DO NOT have the 2kw PRO power on board, just the standard plugs and the inverter that i see under he right potion of the rear seat.

thanks
I also found this to be off putting. is there a way to keep the power supply on with engine off perhaps through forscan? btw I do have the 2kw in the bed.

Ytown

Reaction score
You can use forscan and enable it to stay on when truck is off. Same with in the interior but I believe those time out after 120 minutes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter