New engine and build question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My stock motor blew with 104k on it. Put s tune on it when it got to 5-10k can't remember but was pretty early. O was on the cruise at 75 and bump the brake to disengage and boom that was it. My the counter weight on the crank let go.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is anyone else bothered that this man was ok with his engine blowing at 91k and then he saying, "not too bad."

What the hell happened here? Lol, no dig on the OP - I just would not be happy or satisfied with an engine lasting only 91k.

SCAR911

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else bothered that this man was ok with his engine blowing at 91k and then he saying, "not too bad."

What the hell happened here? Lol, no dig on the OP - I just would not be happy or satisfied with an engine lasting only 91k.
I expect modern engines to run at least 300k. Especially when small block GM motors were good for that 30 years ago. Long live the LS motors.
GM can't even make them as good anymore.

That being said, I do not trust FI motors. They are always one hiccup away from blowing up. I have 130k on my 911 turbo. Those motors are brick shit houses, but I hold my breath a little every time I'm hammering it.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Porsche engines are not Ford engines lol.

In fact, the best hands down most reliable sports car is a Pcar.

OP
OP
T

Tomkirkland4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New engine is running good after 600 miles. The larger turbos and other mods really help. I have only been running 3/4 throttle I’ll open it up after I hit 1k miles.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Congrats!

Keep us updated. Mine just went under the microscope for upgraded CAM FKING PHASERS. That cash was going to be used for my third wife's BBL but I guess she'll have to be flat for a while...