Lost oil pressure time to find out why?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
No. Most dry sump systems in sports cars are part of design ment mainly to eliminate the height associated with an oil pan allowing for the engine to be mounted lower in the chassis.

As well as better cooling and more consistent oil temps. It would be a very expensive upgrade on a Raptor. External pump, tank, pan, lines, cooler, etc.

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this why the Ford GT has dry sump oil system with 15 qt capacity? Dry Sump systems feed consistent oil pressure to the engine.

Less internal losses as excess oil is scavenged away from the bottom end, better oil control under high lateral g loading and allows for a lower CG in the final package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is the acceleration of these trucks getting so quick that they create a tsunami in the oil pan and starve the pump?

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Is the acceleration of these trucks getting so quick that they create a tsunami in the oil pan and starve the pump?

Betting it has more to do with the configuration of the pan and pick up. The previous generation Ecoboost motors use a different pan and I have not heard of oil issues with those.

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Silver Bolt Yes that is what I was trying to say. A 2 second starvation of the oil pump is 200 revolutions under full horsepower

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

Not even close. Kawasaki did have a starvation problem in the 1990 - 97 ZX11. At introduction, it was the fastest and fastest accelerating motorcycle mass produced. Ball park, with an -average- rider was a 2.8 second 0-60 mph, a skill drag racer 2.5-2.6 seconds.

Under acceleration the bike would wheelie, starving rods 3 and 4 of oil for the duration of the wheelie. there was an oil feed design flaw, which the aftermarket addressed. keep in mind that wheelies under acceleration were likely 6-11 thousand rpms, way more than the Raptor spins at.

The 11 had about 4.5 quarts of oil, and acceleration is --significantly-- more violent than anything the Raptor produces.

I would have a hard time believing the Raptor was suffering from g-force induced oil starvation.

OP
OP
Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys there is alot of valid points you are all bringing up. All the points and opinions are very valid and one we can get the report for what all we found the deteiled version will be released.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you can.... please include pics of the damage and findings.

What you’re doing here really helps the performance community and it’s appreciated.

Thanks guys there is alot of valid points you are all bringing up. All the points and opinions are very valid and one we can get the report for what all we found the deteiled version will be released.

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Can we get some pics of the oil pan and pickup assembly? Windage baffles? Oil pan trays? They have to have something in there if they advertise all these extreme off-road angles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spent a little time got some oil pan pics

As you can see the pan has no baffling just completely open. At this point in time we do not know if this is the potential problem or maybe one of many. Engine build is still analyzing the parts and doing some measurements. I hope these help and I have many pics of various parts also.

Attachments

• IMG_0898.jpg
    IMG_0898.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0897.jpg
    IMG_0897.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0896.jpg
    IMG_0896.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0895.jpg
    IMG_0895.jpg