I may be a possible Raptor owner soon.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can hold out alittle while longer then wait. The raptor is coming out with v8 7.0 soon

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

Wtf pizza calories.. wow who ***** cares

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Smurf you are such a ball breaker lol

I find it amusing that someone thinks a Gen 2 which makes 80 ft-lbs more at lower revs feels less torquey down low than the old dinosaur 6.2.

:biggrin:

There is a graph somewhere that shows the Rap way underneath the v8 - even the 5.0 until something like 1800 rpms or something. it’s a small window, but it’s there. but like you say, it’s over from there on.

oh well, too late for this thread anyway. It was going fine with the pizza choice, but now we’re back into the weeds with the 7.0 unicorn.

dannym2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picked up my gen 2 (fully loaded, white with decals). I ABSOLUTELY love it! I was nervous about the V6 sound, but I have learned to love it! I love listening to the turbos and the exhaust, to me, honestly doesn’t sound bad! By far the best truck I have ever owned and I cannot wait to enjoy it for many years to come!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think you answered your own question. If you don't want a V6, then a raptor is not for you. No V8 is coming in the Raptor

You should look at a platinum or limited model of the F150 that you can get in a V8.

OP
OP
B

Blkz06

Reaction score
As far as the Eco torque vs most V8s the graphs I have seen on this forum tell a different story under 2500 rpm or so.

Then there is also the V8 seat of the pants feel that was lacking on the Raptor. As I said it’s not a deal breaker, just different.

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

I may be a possible yoga practitioner soon. I need some feedback on whether I should go through with this.

Were you that bored you felt the need to add nothing to my post?

Last edited:

IHAVETWO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Coming from a gen1 and gen 2 owner.gen2 has more balls all around.towing camp trailer.driving to work.gen 2 all the way.had to inspect gen 1 last month,didnt even like to drive truck.

whan

Reaction score
May also be a bit because of the turbo lag as well. Although a twin turbo, you're never gonna quite get the initial response of an NA engine.

My parents have an Audi Q5 Diesel, and although it makes similar torque to my past Camaro SS, nowhere near the same responsiveness

That said, given my Raptor is going to pull road trip duty in addition to off-roading I'll be happy to take the overall increased power and efficiency. Especially since my R8 provides the soundtrack anyways

OP
OP
B

Blkz06

Reaction score
May also be a bit because of the turbo lag as well. Although a twin turbo, you're never gonna quite get the initial response of an NA engine.

My parents have an Audi Q5 Diesel, and although it makes similar torque to my past Camaro SS, nowhere near the same responsiveness

That said, given my Raptor is going to pull road trip duty in addition to off-roading I'll be happy to take the overall increased power and efficiency. Especially since my R8 provides the soundtrack anyways

Nice! Like I said, I’m not completely down on the V6. It’s just every other vehicle I own is a V8, and I do feel a little difference in the way the Raptor behaves off idle.

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

I just picked up my gen 2 (fully loaded, white with decals). I ABSOLUTELY love it! I was nervous about the V6 sound, but I have learned to love it! I love listening to the turbos and the exhaust, to me, honestly doesn’t sound bad! By far the best truck I have ever owned and I cannot wait to enjoy it for many years to come!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the feedback. I appreciate it!

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

:biggrin:

There is a graph somewhere that shows the Rap way underneath the v8 - even the 5.0 until something like 1800 rpms or something. it’s a small window, but it’s there. but like you say, it’s over from there on.

oh well, too late for this thread anyway. It was going fine with the pizza choice, but now we’re back into the weeds with the 7.0 unicorn.

I understand the hate for bringing up the 7.0 and I pondered not even bringing it up.
But I remember how many of the Corvette guys swore the ZR1 was never coming back either. I don’t think anyone can positively ever know what a manufacturer will or won’t do with the way technology changes.

I’m not here to argue that point of the 7.0 it doesn’t make sense to me either why Ford would drop that into the Raptor. I just asked from a point of resale.