I may be a possible Raptor owner soon.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Blkz06

Reaction score
Leadfoot is blah. Black is great on the showroom floor but obscures all the contrast and is a nightmare to live with.

Silver is where it's at. :biggrin: For gen 2 raptors, silver is also the rarest color. Less than 5% of them are silver.

Black is out for me. I already have a black RRS that is a nightmare to take care of.

Wouldn't mind a silver, but I don't see that happening unless I go multi state hunting.

One thing I already was worried about on the Leadfoot...the damn mirrors were shaking going down the road, and when I checked them by hand, they were wobbly. I think I read something on here about that, but couldn't/can't remember the fix.

Really like the color in the sun, really don't in the shade.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Silver is ok, but doesn’t matter.

#BlackRaptorsMatter!
:biggrin:

( I couldn’t find a silver Raptor for less that 5k over msrp at the time).

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Black is out for me. I already have a black RRS that is a nightmare to take care of.

Wouldn't mind a silver, but I don't see that happening unless I go multi state hunting.

One thing I already was worried about on the Leadfoot...the damn mirrors were shaking going down the road, and when I checked them by hand, they were wobbly. I think I read something on here about that, but couldn't/can't remember the fix.

Really like the color in the sun, really don't in the shade.

Haven’t experienced this myself, but apparently the mirrors are loose after being folded manually. Cycling them using the power fold will lock them back into place.

OP
OP
B

Blkz06

Reaction score
Haven’t experienced this myself, but apparently the mirrors are loose after being folded manually. Cycling them using the power fold will lock them back into place.

Thanks..I appreciate it!

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dealer just got a Leadfoot in, totally loaded.

I’m waiting on a white one, but they are offering 1200.00 off MSRP if I want the Leadfoot.

I like the color but it doesn’t seem to be as popular as the other colors.

For me, in the sun it looks great and almost has a military type look to it. In the shade all the accents (flares, grill, etc) get lost similar to the black Raptor.

nice to see dealers finally seeing the light

Dr.Duct_Mossburg

Reaction score
Well...I appreciate that!

If you want to talk torque, I have never had a more favorite car than my (now sold) 2011 Z06 vette with the 7.0 liter motor. A true basic flatline torque curve capable of smoking the tires from 1200 RPMS and on.

So I guess what you're saying is there is a fix for the slight lack of my perceived torque down low on the Raptor.

That's great to know. Seriously.

I'll help you out here... I'm a lurker and don't even own a raptor (yet).

I come from a somewhat relative background ( 3 CTS'V's one in which was a 9-second car, X5M with intake, downpipes, flash and many other performance cars.). I would imagine the BMW has a basic drive mode and a sports mode like my X5M. The truck is a slug in regular drive mode - Power limited, sloppy throttle, etc... But put it into sport mode and it's a completely different vehicle. From what I read here, this is similar... Did you drive the Raptor is sport mode? or whatever the equivalent is?

Even remotely trying to compare it to a 3200lb c6z isn't worth the time.

The RR is going to feel more torquey and "feel" faster regardless. Almost all supercharged vehicles "feel" more powerful due to the instant hit of the supercharger. Unless you have big turbos you won't feel that pull.

I have always been addicted to the instant hit of a supercharger... but I have to say that the smooth power delivery of a good setup turbo car is nicer for every day and the happy pedal with the family in the car.

p.s. I think under MSRP raptors are starting to become more regular than most people think.