Soon to be raptor owner in New England

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
gusser

gusser

Reaction score
Insurance card printed, organized the garage/moved my roll around so I should be able to drive her right in without hitting anything..:rolleyes:
I think I'm gonna need some melatonin to get to sleep tonight.... :sleepy:

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A Nice truck is like a Nice A$$. You gonna turn and look every time you see one.
Nice Truck!!!!! This one took a while LOL!!!!

OP
OP
gusser

gusser

Reaction score
A Nice truck is like a Nice A$$. You gonna turn and look every time you see one.
Nice Truck!!!!! This one took a while LOL!!!!
Thanks Gumby. Yes, it was a bit tedious waiting for everything to finally fall into place but it was well worth the wait. I'm very fortunate. Raptors are quite rare in these parts...

I have many parts in the garage and on order, including new head and tail light assemblies. A result of my initial inspection at the dealership revealed one headlight has been disassembled and resealed with what I guess is silicone sealant, I'd guess due to condensation and/or water leakage. Very poorly executed as it is easy to see a big blob of goop inside. Sheesh...
the two tail light assemblies look like someone took a ball peen hammer and smacked each one as they were walking by... the "star" cracks may have happened when she was smacked in the rear, hence the aftermarket bumper, but I can't see how that would "star" the lens???? If it was a kicked-up stone, how did it hit the back of the lens?? What a mess but just aesthetics.
see attached pics.

A replacement rear bumper is on the way from American trucks as well as repro oem front and rear light assemblies from other vendors. My goal is to try and get her as close to "stock" as possible in appearance. No real mods to remove (except a dry K&N filter, replaced by a Wix today) and the crummy amazon Nilight fog lights.
Not really into mods like LED lights and stuff..no night driving if I can help it so don't really care about light ouput..
I might consider a higher quality pair of spots for the fog light holes for a little extra light on our dark back roads here in rural CT if I get caught driving home from the RC field after dark, but I may just pull the cheapies out of there and leave it stock. Thoughts on replacement cube spots for the fog light holes?

Btw: If anyone is wondering, referring to my initial posts, the mystery aftermarket bumper is a Barricade. $600 new from American trucks. Any ideas on what the best outlet would be to get it sold would be appreciated. :waytogo:

Anyway, I'd like to document her rehab here on FRF. Should I start a resto or project thread?
suggestions appreciated.
:cheers:

Attachments

• driv tail.JPG
    driv tail.JPG
    160.5 KB · Views: 5
  • pass tail.JPG
    pass tail.JPG
    161.9 KB · Views: 5
  • headlight 1.JPG
    headlight 1.JPG
    219.5 KB · Views: 5
  • headlight 2.JPG
    headlight 2.JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 5
  • headlight 3.JPG
    headlight 3.JPG
    174.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The factory head lights are not all that great anyway IMO. I would be looking for aftermarket on those anyway.