Soon to be raptor owner in New England

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
gusser

gusser

Reaction score
The factory head lights are not all that great anyway IMO. I would be looking for aftermarket on those anyway.
"Not really into mods like LED lights and stuff..no night driving if I can help it so don't really care about light ouput.."
Plus, that aftermarket stuff is expensive. I'd rather spend the $ on new seat foam and covers.
:cheers:

OP
OP
gusser

gusser

Reaction score
took some pics yesterday.... nothing award-winning but some good before shots as well as the bumper removal using the lift.
She's a little beat up but surely a diamond in the rough...

:favorites13:

Attachments

• IMG_0007.JPG
    IMG_0007.JPG
    226.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0011.JPG
    IMG_0011.JPG
    224.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0014.JPG
    IMG_0014.JPG
    185.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0010.JPG
    IMG_0010.JPG
    190.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    173.2 KB · Views: 7
OP
OP
gusser

gusser

Reaction score
Looks way better than that crap that was on there.
Agreed! I did some checking on FB market place and there's one on there like new the guy can't seem to sell after being listed for over a month with one price drop... Not worth the effort lugging this "boat anchor" around so I'll bring it to our transfer station and put it in the "free" pile.

After much research, I settled on this one from American Trucks. A bit more expensive than the eBay examples but AT has a good rep and is USA made so definitely worth the extra $.
It arrived yesterday but the box was split open. Haven't had a chance to inspect it but hopeful there isn't any damage...

When she's ready for dent/scratch repair (there are a lot of them), I'll have the bumpers painted to match the fender flares to duplicate her appearance when new.
That's a way down the road though...lots of to-do's before we get there...
Fuse 27 mod is the priority, then I'll be working on a driver's side rear door ajar message (started the day I picked her up!) even though the door is shut. Suspect a flex break in the wiring. If it's only one wire, I'll fix it, but if there are more I'll replace the harness as they are reasonable at around $55.
Then on to the backup camera, which works intermittently... suspect a dirty connection in the harness behind the tailgate. A good cleaning of the contacts with contact cleaner should be the fix. :grd:
Stay tuned..
:favorites13:

OP
OP
gusser

gusser

Reaction score
recovering from thumb surgery so can't type properly. will provide a thorough update once i can type again without the cast/splint interfering. had the surgery thursday so still some pain.....oxycodone is helping a lot. ;).
its really tough not being able to work on her for 4-5 weeks. :sad72: