Should I be worried?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
High(ish) price with 3 owners, but the upgrades are nice. If its worth it to you, then get it. Don't ever expect to make your money back on a vehicle.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I looked at the Gen 2 raptors around this price range but something about the 3.5 ecoboost with 100k miles doesn't sit right with me. Especially after all the issues I've seen that occur around that mileage.
Issues occur from poor maintenance; that applies to any engine. Turbocharged engines are obviously more sensitive to proper maintenance due to additional lubrication and cooling of the turbochargers. Regardless of engine type, any vehicle with 3 owners and incomplete maintenance records is high risk.

These trucks were only $47k new; at 10 years old and 100k miles, $36k is way overpriced. Also important to remember that mods add no actual value to a vehicle on paper.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is 100% true…back in high school I worked at a pizza place. A ding **** delivery driver’s Saturn SL2 had an engine failure at 35K miles because he didn’t know he had to change the oil. He bought it new. If you’re buying any 100K truck you need to know the complete history period.

OP
OP
R

Rahptor

Reaction score
High(ish) price with 3 owners, but the upgrades are nice. If its worth it to you, then get it. Don't ever expect to make your money back on a vehicle.
Price and 3 owners is definitely what is having me think twice. I intend to keep the truck forever so resell value isn't a factor for me. I guess a better question now would be, is a gen 1 raptor a good daily driver?

OP
OP
R

Rahptor

Reaction score
Issues occur from poor maintenance; that applies to any engine. Turbocharged engines are obviously more sensitive to proper maintenance due to additional lubrication and cooling of the turbochargers. Regardless of engine type, any vehicle with 3 owners and incomplete maintenance records is high risk.

These trucks were only $47k new; at 10 years old and 100k miles, $36k is way overpriced. Also important to remember that mods add no actual value to a vehicle on paper.
You make really good points. I'm now considering a Gen 2 with high miles as that's where my price range is and from what it seems, that a better value for the money I'm willing to spend. Unfortunately though nothing but salvaged/rebuilt tittle raptors in my area or in a dealership where the carfax doesn't tell me much.