I don't like the exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can’t believe this is even a discussion.

The exhaust opens at high load to allow it to breathe. If the exhaust remained in quiet mode under heavy throttle it would build excessive back pressure, prevent boost from building, and cause it to misfire. I can’t imagine how someone would think that’s preferable to having the valve open. It’s the same reason your A/C compressor disengaged under the same conditions. There is no reason to be driving around in quiet mode at 75% throttle :facepalm:
misfiring would be quieter right? More holes thru the engine should make the exhaust quieter lolol

I missed the 75% throttle part of the ops question, that makes sense.

I guess his option is just to change the trombone out of the exhaust then if he doesnt like the noise but likes the speed

BadWRP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll trade someone my R exhaust with resonators for a non resonated one?

FoxNotch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Instead of making the cruddy exhaust sound louder, why not make it quiet like a F-150 limited, then crank up the so so stereo, then get some awesome mud terrain tires and 0 offset wheels with spacers, then screw up the front end going warp speed with your extended wheels and loud stereo only to come back here and blame Ford.
Then people would be complaining it’s too quiet, and then make a thread about it and it would be the same outcome for all of us in here voicing our opinions over nonsensical rhetoric.

Last edited: