How to Set Your Side View Mirrors (Seriously)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RKBA

Reaction score
I've given this method an honest try and just couldn't get used to it. I like seeing a sliver of the side of the truck; it helps give perspective.

But blind spots are a real problem, and thankfully they're easily solved with a $3 walleye mirror. With it I have the best of both worlds :)

^^^What he said ^^^

cage1993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Appreciate the post Dan. I guess like most I had always just set my mirrors the way my dad taught me and that was reconfirmed in drivers ed, so I have been doing it that way ever since! Tried this way for a month, and while it takes a bit of getting used too, it really does help broaden your overall view! I usually did set them like this when pulling a trailer, but as soon as I unhooked I put them right back to "normal" without a second thought! Anyway, thanks again.

MiloX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always have mine set so I can see the fenders a little. I back into every parking spot and my garage.

This allows me to see how close my tires are to the garage door.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?untaie

^^^ what he said. I have inches of clearance from the garage door jambs. I wish I had one double wide door instead of the to single doors. I could work on the truck easier too. Just pull her into the middle of the garage.