How to Set Your Side View Mirrors (Seriously)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've given this method an honest try and just couldn't get used to it. I like seeing a sliver of the side of the truck; it helps give perspective.

But blind spots are a real problem, and thankfully they're easily solved with a $3 walleye mirror. With it I have the best of both worlds :)

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We have the wide view on the driver's side of the raptor, and you can totally see what I mean, but the passenger side does not have that feature....too small for practical use.

I was really disappointed the passenger side did not have the wide view portion of the mirror in it like the drivers side. It's definitely not too small for practical use. Our 2011 5.0 has the wideview on BOTH mirrors, and the mustang mirrors are easily 1/3rd the size of the truck mirrors and you're sitting closer to the passenger mirror as well. Now on those, even the driver side wideview is almost too small lol, but on the trucks, they definitely should have done it on both sides.

I grew up learning if you drive faster than everyone else, then "what's behind you, makes no difference":waytogo:

haha now we're talking!

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
also if you drive fast enuf the deer run out behind your car

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

I do about as much backwards driving as forward driving and you need to see a sliver of the vehicle to drive backwards

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was really disappointed the passenger side did not have the wide view portion of the mirror in it like the drivers side. It's definitely not too small for practical use. Our 2011 5.0 has the wideview on BOTH mirrors, and the mustang mirrors are easily 1/3rd the size of the truck mirrors and you're sitting closer to the passenger mirror as well. Now on those, even the driver side wideview is almost too small lol, but on the trucks, they definitely should have done it on both sides.

Yep, your right, my mustang has it as well, and I use them all the time! I was supposin, but I wonder why they didnt come with it on the passenger side after thinking bout it?:crazy:

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So, I've been trying this window configuration this week. I do see my blind spots better, but now I seem to have a blind spot between my review mirror and both of my side view mirrors (unlike the video described).

With the side view mirrors configured like the video explains, I have blind spots on my drivers and passengers sides between the rear headrests and the rear corner of the cab on each respective side. I see about half of each of the rear headrests, but then lose everything from the outside half of the headrests to the outside of the vehicle. Raptor too wide for this type of configuration?

Plus, the mirrors don't fold completely anymore.

I think I'm going back to being able to see a touch of my rear flares.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this Dan. I have been using this method since I saw an article in Pop Sci more than 15 years ago.