Newbie to the group:

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
H

Hallmark001

Reaction score
The mirror sounds interesting. I'll have to check that out.

Welcome to the FRF!
It’s a wolf box G900. Out of the box, they intend that you strap it on to your existing mirror and run accord down to the cigarette lighter. But that’s not the way to do it. You have to spring for an extra kit that allows you to hardwire it. Then you also have to find the right bracket online so that you can mount the screen to a post that slides in where the OEM mirror used to be. That took me a while to find and if anyone’s interested, I’ll try to dig out those purchases.

This is a very practical device. Now I can see out the back at all times even when I’ve got the hard cover fold it up against the back window or if I got a bunch of people in the car that are blocking my view or a bunch of crap that I’m hauling in the cab. The mirror has three different perspectives that you can get on the screen simply by swiping …one of them as the front view, one of them is a view of both front and back, and the one you use most is a solid view of the back. When you have it on the dual view, you can see right down into the bed. When you have it in the back of you, I’ve set the camera on top of the rear cab lights angled in such a way that I can just see the back upper ridge of the tailgate for perspective. The thing has a chip in it and it will record one minute increments and delete the oldest as it goes. The cool thing is that it is set to record if anyone bumps your vehicle. The rear camera is 2k and the front camera is 4K. I’m sure someday they’ll put 4K in the back which would be outstanding. The only thing I need to mess with is the rear camera that I have mounted on top of the cab as you’ll see in the picture. It’s too close to the lights and so when the brake lights come on at night, it turns everything red. I saw some of that by putting a piece of gaffers tape over the center of the light that’s directly below the camera. But what I’m going to do is mount the camera inside one of those shark fin antenna covers and sit it on top of the cab close to the light, but not on top of it. It wasn’t too hard to thread the camera wire, all the way back and along the rear headliner and then in through the hole in the cab to which the rear cab lights mount. Then with a little slice, you can wedge the wire through, and the rubber seal closes right around it… no drilling required. I’ve included some pictures down below.

I have a few suggestions for the wolf box people, which they seem open to… that would make any insulation cleaner, and would make it less DIY to stick the camera on top of the cab of a pick up. I mean there are more pick ups old than any other vehicle, so I think it would be worth their while. Specifically, they need a better cord management system above the mirror because it looks like a bunch of little plugs sticking up. I am pushing them to make a little pigtail that will allow those connections to be made above the headliner. If anyone’s interested, I could probably make a video that points out some of the installation challenges and how I overcame them. Take a look at the pictures and see what you think.
The mirror sounds interesting. I'll have to check that out.

Welcome to the FRF!

Attachments

• IMG_7602.jpeg
    IMG_7602.jpeg
    177.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_7603.jpeg
    IMG_7603.jpeg
    196.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7604.jpeg
    IMG_7604.jpeg
    153.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7605.jpeg
    IMG_7605.jpeg
    167 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7608.jpeg
    IMG_7608.jpeg
    124.1 KB · Views: 10
OP
OP
H

Hallmark001

Reaction score
It’s a wolf box G900. Out of the box, they intend that you strap it on to your existing mirror and run accord down to the cigarette lighter. But that’s not the way to do it. You have to spring for an extra kit that allows you to hardwire it. Then you also have to find the right bracket online so that you can mount the screen to a post that slides in where the OEM mirror used to be. That took me a while to find and if anyone’s interested, I’ll try to dig out those purchases.

This is a very practical device. Now I can see out the back at all times even when I’ve got the hard cover fold it up against the back window or if I got a bunch of people in the car that are blocking my view or a bunch of crap that I’m hauling in the cab. The mirror has three different perspectives that you can get on the screen simply by swiping …one of them as the front view, one of them is a view of both front and back, and the one you use most is a solid view of the back. When you have it on the dual view, you can see right down into the bed. When you have it in the back of you, I’ve set the camera on top of the rear cab lights angled in such a way that I can just see the back upper ridge of the tailgate for perspective. The thing has a chip in it and it will record one minute increments and delete the oldest as it goes. The cool thing is that it is set to record if anyone bumps your vehicle. The rear camera is 2k and the front camera is 4K. I’m sure someday they’ll put 4K in the back which would be outstanding. The only thing I need to mess with is the rear camera that I have mounted on top of the cab as you’ll see in the picture. It’s too close to the lights and so when the brake lights come on at night, it turns everything red. I saw some of that by putting a piece of gaffers tape over the center of the light that’s directly below the camera. But what I’m going to do is mount the camera inside one of those shark fin antenna covers and sit it on top of the cab close to the light, but not on top of it. It wasn’t too hard to thread the camera wire, all the way back and along the rear headliner and then in through the hole in the cab to which the rear cab lights mount. Then with a little slice, you can wedge the wire through, and the rubber seal closes right around it… no drilling required. I’ve included some pictures down below.

I have a few suggestions for the wolf box people, which they seem open to… that would make any insulation cleaner, and would make it less DIY to stick the camera on top of the cab of a pick up. I mean there are more pick ups old than any other vehicle, so I think it would be worth their while. Specifically, they need a better cord management system above the mirror because it looks like a bunch of little plugs sticking up. I am pushing them to make a little pigtail that will allow those connections to be made above the headliner. If anyone’s interested, I could probably make a video that points out some of the installation challenges and how I overcame them. Take a look at the pictures and see what you think.
Unlike caliper covers… It’s very practical!

OP
OP
H

Hallmark001

Reaction score
Okay…okay…I get it. Form over substance, right?

… would I be the only guy on this form to do such a thing as put something on for the look? Ha,ha.

… would I be the only guy on this form to do such a thing as put something on for the look? Ha,ha.
PS: see my post regarding the mirror back to member 4SFED… I do buy useful, practical stuff too!

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Naw it's not about looks. You're adding a caliper cover that will make your truck have the appearance of having a BBK. In actuality it's just a piece of cheap plastic with engraving. IMO get the real thing or just paint the stock ones.

Yes I know they're $200. Still junk.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF. Do not lessen the look of your truck with caliper covers. It looks really good as it is right now.