Hennessey tune for 91 and Intake back to stock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out my pics.

Those 2 K&N's with 9k miles total on the truck allowed that much dust into my throttle body. (If you look at the pics they are no where near needing cleaning)

Also there was damage to my stock intake airbox from the broken bracket and the intake flapping around. Also was rubbing on the brake reservoir (I think that's what that is).

Hate to think what that system let into my engine :(

Back to stock on the tune and air cleaner now.

Attachments

• IMAG0544.jpg
    IMAG0544.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 40
  • IMAG0543.jpg
    IMAG0543.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMAG0542.jpg
    IMAG0542.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 35
  • IMAG0540.jpg
    IMAG0540.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 138
  • IMAG0539.jpg
    IMAG0539.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 2,168
OP
OP
K

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kawie, what is your impression of Hennessey given your experience with them?

Great for street, but not "offroad hardcore pounding your truck" worthy.

I get all sorts of compliments on the sound at 3k to 4k RPM range. I call it "dropping a raptor bomb" when I hit the throttle, just like on that Top Gear episode. Its loud too, so it warns people while im in the dirt to move. Intimidation on the freeway is good too, slow cars get out of the fast lane like crazy. I red line it to about 5k and shift gears, the next gear pulls amazing, but you gotta rev it.

Fozzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out my pics.

Those 2 K&N's with 9k miles total on the truck allowed that much dust into my throttle body. (If you look at the pics they are no where near needing cleaning)

Also there was damage to my stock intake airbox from the broken bracket and the intake flapping around. Also was rubbing on the brake reservoir (I think that's what that is).

Hate to think what that system let into my engine :(

Back to stock on the tune and air cleaner now.

Kawie95, just a quick question on those filters. Did you re-oil them after you opened them up from the packaging or shortly after install. Most oil type filters are very lightly oiled from the factory and need to be touched up before install or shortly after install. Hold those to a light and see if you can see the pinholes where there is no oil. If you see the pinholes your letting in dirt. I was leaning towards the one you have, but maybe i will go with the Volant or AFE. Thanks.

OP
OP
K

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kawie95, just a quick question on those filters. Did you re-oil them after you opened them up from the packaging or shortly after install. Most oil type filters are very lightly oiled from the factory and need to be touched up before install or shortly after install. Hold those to a light and see if you can see the pinholes where there is no oil. If you see the pinholes your letting in dirt. I was leaning towards the one you have, but maybe i will go with the Volant or AFE. Thanks.

K&N Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

They say its preoiled and comes with a packet of oil if needed. in both of my filters, they never sent me oil.

Fozzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are never oiled enough when new. I bought a AFE for my cummins that was a pretty blue. After one hard trip towing the boat the filter was almost white. The turbo sucked the oil deep into the pleats. I added oil and all was fine. I love the oiled filter but always perform the white glove test and the sun light test when I clean them. I am just wondering if the filter was letting the dirt in or the bad design moving to much causing a leak.

505sfastestraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do researches on hennessey in the dodge viper world on the forums truck and car hahahaha....i could post all the links but i would get banned