Hello From SoCal - Hoping to be an "official" member soon!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For sure! I'll hit ya up. I have a few friends that are itching to get out now that the weather is a bit cooler too.
I need to get my JK fixed first and the. Ill head out to cali with it. My Ox locker in my rear Sterling 10.5 came apart and some piece got between ring and pinion and *****'d everything. Hopefully that will be soon to get it and get done.
I think the best of both worlds in a Raptor and a jk. Man when I have them both running its hard to pick which one I wanna drive for the day.
Jake

OP
OP
R

Rocks2Sand

Reaction score
Sounds great, let me know when your out here for sure! I'm sure that diff was a pretty site when you opened it up to see what all the noise was about!
If you trailer it out, I have a great gear guy here, but I'm sure there are plenty in TX as well. Good luck!

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds great, let me know when your out here for sure! I'm sure that diff was a pretty site when you opened it up to see what all the noise was about!
If you trailer it out, I have a great gear guy here, but I'm sure there are plenty in TX as well. Good luck!
Yep it wasn't a pleasant noise for sure. I have been there before. Here is a pic of my a old 60 I did before. I was still driving with very little noise. Just wanted to change fluid so pulled cover just to look and was really shocked.
I have a good friend that owns a shop. He does the work on my JK and the Raptor. Just find some time to squeeze it in.

Attachments

• IMG952554(1).jpg
    IMG952554(1).jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG952553(1).jpg
    IMG952553(1).jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 2
OP
OP
R

Rocks2Sand

Reaction score
Yep it wasn't a pleasant noise for sure. I have been there before. Here is a pic of my a old 60 I did before. I was still driving with very little noise. Just wanted to change fluid so pulled cover just to look and was really shocked.
I have a good friend that owns a shop. He does the work on my JK and the Raptor. Just find some time to squeeze it in.
Ouch, thats quite a find when just going to swap fluid!! Did you LS swap the 3.6 as well? Thats quite a bit of extra mass to turn with the Pentastar...

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ouch, thats quite a find when just going to swap fluid!! Did you LS swap the 3.6 as well? Thats quite a bit of extra mass to turn with the Pentastar...
That 60 was when I still had the 3.8 minivan motor. It was a prorock 60 but was a high pinion and was only running 37s at the time.
I do now have an LS. Its my second LS in it. Started with a L96 6.0 with a cam and had about 500hp but have since swapped it out for a 408 with cam and cnc heads. Was going to go to the dyno after about 1000 mile break in but didn't make it before I found the broke ring gear. I have almost 550 miles on it. Its a beast!!
Raptor and jeep both money pits!! Haha