Hello From SoCal - Hoping to be an "official" member soon!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocks2Sand

Reaction score
Moving from a JK Rubicon to a Raptor, I find myself getting board running the same trails over and over. I'm wanting more agility at speed and more power, building the Jeep towards that goal is foolish and I figured I'd stop while I'm ahead.

So I've been searching while I get the Jeep ready for sale and its tough to find exactly what I want and harder to find a dealer that will order one close to MSRP for me....

Any advice on buying? I'm willing to fly and drive home a 1000 miles or so if necessary.

Looking for a 21' Lead Foot Gray w. 801 package...

I've call a dozen dealers from SoCal, NV, AZ & UT. No one will come under $15k over MSRP.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the place. Good luck getting one at msrp, members on here have said they have, so it is possible. Sift through the forum a bit and you will find reviews about dealers willing to order at msrp, but you're a bit late to find a 2021, time is running out with the chip shortage. Post a pic of your jeep to appease the Forum gods.

OP
OP
R

Rocks2Sand

Reaction score
Welcome! Why not just keep the JK and have a Raptor too. Nice JK and good luck finding a Raptor.
Thanks! I have too many toys, and only a few are getting used properly. I really want to downsize and put all the money from Reg, Insurance & Equity back into the market. I don't want to work forever LOL. I really only use my JK at this point to haul around my CRF450L when I don't feel like riding to the trails in SoCal traffic. I just sold my 2dr Rubicon, a dual sport and a street bike, it feels great not having all this stuff around taking up space and money. I'm selling the 4 door JK and my BMW and buying a Raptor as my sole vehicle, it will be my daily driver, trail rig and tow rig. I'm actually equally excited to have a Raptor as I am to not have a bunch of vehicles and toys sitting around.

Last edited:

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I have too many toys, and only a few are getting used properly. I really want to downsize and put all the money from Reg, Insurance & Equity back into the market. I don't want to work forever LOL. I really only use my JK at this point to haul around my CRF450L when I don't feel like riding to the trails in SoCal traffic. I just sold my 2dr Rubicon, a dual sport and a street bike, it feels great not having all this stuff around taking up space and money. I'm selling the 4 door JK and my BMW and buying a Raptor as my sole vehicle, it will be my daily driver, trail rig and tow rig. I'm actually equally excited to have a Raptor as I am to not have a bunch of vehicles and toys sitting around.
I can totally understand that. There comes a time when decisions have to be made. I have a JK as well and now way I would get rid of it. Both have their places and I can do things in each one that I cant do in the other. Even though my jk is pretty close to my Raptor. But no way I can crawl in the raptor.
Where you at in socal? I'm planning on getting my jk back out there soon. I have a place in Redondo.

Attachments

• 20200524_130655.jpg
    20200524_130655.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 6
OP
OP
R

Rocks2Sand

Reaction score
I can totally understand that. There comes a time when decisions have to be made. I have a JK as well and now way I would get rid of it. Both have their places and I can do things in each one that I cant do in the other. Even though my jk is pretty close to my Raptor. But no way I can crawl in the raptor.
Where you at in socal? I'm planning on getting my jk back out there soon. I have a place in Redondo.
Nice JK! Your right, I'll definitely miss it, especially Rubicon, Fordyce and the Hammers. But I'm close to the point where I can do anything on my bike that I could in my JK. Its 1000X more fun on my bike, there's nothing else close. Hoping to tackle the Rubicon on the bike next summer, camp at the springs a few days and enjoy it.

I'm in Diamond Bar, let me know when your back out here, we'll hit up Big Bear or Cougar Buttes.