Headlight re-aiming; have you needed to do this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I drive a lot at night and early morning. With my old supercab Raptor, I had the perch adjustment made to the middle and it, in turn, had raised the headlight output to shine up and further down the road.

I'm not planning on performing the perch mod on the new supercrew, yet the headlights still are literally aiming at the ground on low beams and perform well as low beams when I have them on highs.

I constantly drive with me high beams on and do NOT get flashed, even by lower-to-the-ground vehicles. I've even had my friend Shannon drive my truck toward me and I was in my Mach1 which is lowered 2" and in her 2011 Fusion and I didn't think they were overbearing.

I just spent about an hour reading all about HID conversions, SilverStars, Phillips, etc etc... I like the color difference of the SilverStar and that ******** -- but I really want brighter lights.

Has anyone adjusted the vertical aiming on the Raptor? I'm planning on doing mine tonight and just wondered that if you've done this, how is the result. I usually find myself moving the headlights up a tad on most all of my vehicles (never did on the Mustang, they were perfect).

I'll post back here, probably without pictures but definitely with how the process was and the end result.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When i had my stock housings I had to adjust them down after going to the top perch. The first couple :flipthebird:, i still didn't care to adjust them but after 5 or 6 of those, I caved.

OP
OP
swoop1156

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I'd expect from the top perch setting. One more reason the middle is best! :flipthebird:

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When i had my stock housings I had to adjust them down after going to the top perch. The first couple :flipthebird:, i still didn't care to adjust them but after 5 or 6 of those, I caved.

This is a sign you do not get your truck dirty enough or you clean it too much. After the last run I couldn't tell my headlights were on because of the dust caked onto the headlights.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My truck is real shiny right now. Finally got my glass front fenders painted up and remounted today! And it doesn't hurt having a detail dept. downstairs from the office! :)

Last edited:

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will bet my truck is nice and shiny right now...but that isn't going to last long. Going to have to look at my headlights now and see how they are aimed with the top perch mod.

OP
OP
swoop1156

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm feeling lazy so I am gonna do it in the morning tomorrow with the garage door shut since it will be daylight out. Or I'll do it before I leave work tomorrow on the old runway on base; never any traffic there!

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
You have to have enough room to move your truck like 40' or something, you measure the round little circle on the lens of the light housing, then measure that height on the wall. Cover pass. light and adjust driver to aim at point. Then cover driver and adjust pass. Done.