Haters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It is funny because whenever I'm not around my truck, or my wife is driving it, it gets a lot of positive attention (so I hear).

But I've had more than a few jealous Ford and Dodge drivers cut me off, and I can tell most of my coworkers think the purchase was dumb (or should I say, just don't understand it). Not to say I haven't gotten my share of compliments on it either. But it never fails if I leave my garage door open and I'm outside, there's a few Dodge owners that will try to make their presence known on the nearby road.

Hard to care what others think when there's so much fun to be had in the truck. It is amusing what people find most interesting about the truck tho. Most of my coworkers are blown away by the A/C seats.

Last edited:

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just a wild guess, sounds like a union atmosphere??

Have seen this with a local mine, everybody knows what you pull in and get seriously pissed if you are somehow getting ahead in their eyes.
Unions, unions, unions,....I have heard about the union mentality and work attitude to say the least. All of this guys nowadays are lawyered up and know more about their rights than work that they have to do. So I get it at your place of work its like a soap opera, their time is dedicated to counting some one else money rather than working.

PS I would be more concerned with someone scratching or damaging your truck on purpose just because considering the people you work with.

Ironhorse07

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Unions, unions, unions,....I have heard about the union mentality and work attitude to say the least. All of this guys nowadays are lawyered up and know more about their rights than work that they have to do. So I get it at your place of work its like a soap opera, their time is dedicated to counting some one else money rather than working.

PS I would be more concerned with someone scratching or damaging your truck on purpose just because considering the people you work with.

You should really speak from experience before you get on your anti-union soap box instead of just 'what you have heard'.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Makes me think you are a union member? Fortunately i ended working for myself, worked in sales 10 years ago, was a member of a union, not by choice. What a circus that was. Have a couple friends that are working at the docks in Philadelphia, my brother in law is a union guy in NYC....May be another subject for discussion. Happy Holiday.

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
I second the union mentality. I have experienced it for over 20yrs. There are many good union folks though and they get it. Those who like to hold an employer hostage are the bad apples. It is funny that the mentality of a union person is to strike rather than go find another job that has what they want. When asked why, they explain they cannot get another job.... hysterical.

Last edited:

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
nothing *sensitive about it snowflake. Dude's talking shit about something he knows nothing about.

Have you been keeping up with this thread and his direct reply to you? Seems to me he knows what he’s talking about and you’re a bit delusional.

Ironhorse07

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I second the union mentality. I have experienced it for over 20yrs. There are many good union folks though and they get it. Those who like to hold an employer hostage are the bad apples. It is funny that the mentality of a union person is to strike rather than go find another job that has what they want. When asked why, they explain they cannot get another job.... hysterical.

I would agree, there are people who should be fired that hide behind the union, however, on the other hand the board of directors could give two ***** about me and my family, the only thing that matters is the dividend check at the end of the year. Remember Carnegie and US steel? workers got tired of working 16 hour days in ****** conditions and what did he do? brought in the national guard and shot people. The coal mines and the company store.... Things are no different today, the only reason the 'company' would care if I got killed on the job is because it would mean a lot of paperwork and would take $500k off the bottom line. Anyway back to the original topic...

OP
OP
T

tmd11111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would agree, there are people who should be fired that hide behind the union, however, on the other hand the board of directors could give two ***** about me and my family, the only thing that matters is the dividend check at the end of the year. Remember Carnegie and US steel? workers got tired of working 16 hour days in ****** conditions and what did he do? brought in the national guard and shot people. The coal mines and the company store.... Things are no different today, the only reason the 'company' would care if I got killed on the job is because it would mean a lot of paperwork and would take $500k off the bottom line. Anyway back to the original topic...

So your short answer is you’d rather hold the company hostage then find a new job.