Haters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So your short answer is you’d rather hold the company hostage then find a new job.

If you invest decades of your working years in a company and they want to turn around and **** you over, yes.

I'm not a union guy, I think most are past their prime, the NJ Teachers Union is bleeding the state dry and makes corruption an art form, but I can see the other side, especially in certain industries.

Ironhorse07

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So your short answer is you’d rather hold the company hostage then find a new job.

How am I holding the company hostage? And why is the answer a new job? What go to Walmart for minimum wage? I have been involved in an industry that was making record profits, and I mean in the billions, but when it came down to contract negotiations we were offered a 1.5% pay raise when the cost of living was 3% and our health insurance went up 20%. plus the industry didn't even want to talk about adopting any safe work place standards. Who is holding who hostage?. I also see that you are 53 years old, try finding a new job at 50+... Maybe Walmart.

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

Have you been keeping up with this thread and his direct reply to you? Seems to me he knows what he’s talking about and you’re a bit delusional.

Shhh, be quiet and let the grown ups talk.

OP
OP
T

tmd11111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How am I holding the company hostage? And why is the answer a new job? What go to Walmart for minimum wage? I have been involved in an industry that was making record profits, and I mean in the billions, but when it came down to contract negotiations we were offered a 1.5% pay raise when the cost of living was 3% and our health insurance went up 20%. plus the industry didn't even want to talk about adopting any safe work place standards. Who is holding who hostage?. I also see that you are 53 years old, try finding a new job at 50+... Maybe Walmart.

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

Shhh, be quiet and let the grown ups talk.

Finding a new job at 50 was easy with the right skill set.

Ironhorse07

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Finding a new job at 50 was easy with the right skill set.

Are you getting fair compensation for your skill set? That is my point. I have been held hostage by the industry because they had deep pockets and it was our way, period, so how is that fair? So I should just say **** it and go find a new job because the shareholders want to get rich. So who I take my 'skill set' and go to work for is going to be better than who I left? business is all about the bottom line, not employee welfare, no matter who you work for. Walmart is case in point.

OP
OP
T

tmd11111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you getting fair compensation for your skill set? That is my point. I have been held hostage by the industry because they had deep pockets and it was our way, period, so how is that fair? So I should just say **** it and go find a new job because the shareholders want to get rich. So who I take my 'skill set' and go to work for is going to be better than who I left? business is all about the bottom line, not employee welfare, no matter who you work for. Walmart is case in point.

Hummmm......
Let me think. I was a union sheeple and went management. Don’t need benefits cause I already have those so only other reason would be money money money

Ironhorse07

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hummmm......
Let me think. I was a union sheeple and went management. Don’t need benefits cause I already have those so only other reason would be money money money

I assumed as much, drank the company Kool-Aid, now you feel like ******* the hourly guys.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey Frank, What Exit?

:biggrin:

No exits in my town but we have three traffic lights in over 20 sq miles...and farms, rivers and a bison ranch.

94173d1510851093t-dogs-mutts-perros-post-pictures-your-dogs-buddies-img_1761.jpg

Ironhorse07

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don’t **** anyone. I come in and do my job and expect others to do theirs. Pretty simple.

Oh and Happy Thanksgiving everyone

Let me guess, you also believe that you got your management job because of your skill set, not because you are a suck ass and will do whatever your told.